• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang Scheduling This Week (5/16/24) for Production Weeks 7/1 - 7/29

GoldenHand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
I’m hoping it’s 7/22 now - I was no sooner scheduled then bumped to w/o 7/22.
My order is previewing this week for w/o 8/19. Thursday came and went without a VIN. My dealership checked their Schedule Previewing Report and I got bumped to w/o 8/26. Hoping I get a VIN next week.
Sponsored

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, PP, A10
Ok - so the issue was Mother Ford sent out an email confirming the order with the wrong order number - three of the numbers were correct - one was wrong. What kind of defective’s are working there… Geeeeeeez 🙄 prolly staffed with a bunch of 5 dollar an hour illegal aliens.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, PP, A10
My order is previewing this week for w/o 8/19. Thursday came and went without a VIN. My dealership checked their Schedule Previewing Report and I got bumped to w/o 8/26. Hoping I get a VIN next week.
If you don’t mind what date was your order originally placed - thanks?

GoldenHand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, PP, A10

GoldenHand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh ok a DH understand now they are REALLY dragging their asses on those …🙄🙄🙄
Yeah, that's an understatement lmao. But seriously, Ford has dropped the ball on new car releases lately: Bronco, Lightning, Mustang. I will not order another new Ford product ever again.

Spainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible California Special
Yeah, that's an understatement lmao. But seriously, Ford has dropped the ball on new car releases lately: Bronco, Lightning, Mustang. I will not order another new Ford product ever again.
I agree with this. Won’t order a new ford again. This process has been shocking.

Luckily plan on keeping the mustang when it arrives for a long time and sure it will be worth the wait once it finally gets here

new_edge_04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 06 Mustang GT, 16 F-150, 19 Edge ST
My order has also been pushed back to the week of August 5th. Originally placed my order 3-6. I had a VIN by mid-April with a build date of 5-16. That was pushed back to week of May 20th, then June 10th, then July 15th, and now August 5th. I'm trying to follow the posts of commodity constraints and scheduling. My question is what is going on at the factory? I know it is being idled around July 4th but are they not building any cars? I thought retail orders were supposed to be built before dealer stock? Or is there such a back-log of orders that were placed in January and February that they keep delaying other orders? I am disappointed in Ford and this whole process but not really mad. This car is a toy and I absolutely don't need it...I just want it. I am very curious how all this works though.

Radiant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ecoboost Convertible (ordered), '18 Ecoboost
This car is a toy and I absolutely don't need it...I just want it. I am very curious how all this works though.
Modern automakers are assemblers with just-in-time inventory coming from companies around the world. As cars have gotten more complicated, that scheduling is handled by a computer system that looks at the database of orders against a catalogue of parts to determine when it goes to an assembly line.

Automakers the past few years, but especially post-pandemic, have faced disruptions to their supply chains and trouble sourcing semiconductors which cascade into delays in productions.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, PP, A10
My order has also been pushed back to the week of August 5th. Originally placed my order 3-6. I had a VIN by mid-April with a build date of 5-16. That was pushed back to week of May 20th, then June 10th, then July 15th, and now August 5th. I'm trying to follow the posts of commodity constraints and scheduling. My question is what is going on at the factory? I know it is being idled around July 4th but are they not building any cars? I thought retail orders were supposed to be built before dealer stock? Or is there such a back-log of orders that were placed in January and February that they keep delaying other orders? I am disappointed in Ford and this whole process but not really mad. This car is a toy and I absolutely don't need it...I just want it. I am very curious how all this works though.
Well I'm told it's not a glut of orders because no one is buying them. There are loads of them stacked up on dealer lots unsold (dealer specs) issue is dealers build specs pretty bare bones and it's very difficult to find a PP. Plus they have dropped the interest rate through Ford Credit to try and stimulate sales but that hasn't happened. What's the problem NO IDEA... But this wasn't the BS they told me when I ordered. I was told 4 weeks till build date car will ship in 8. I'm at 6 now with no date scheduled and order not picked up. I'm going to try and find my build accross the country if I do I will buy and have it shipped - I will hold the order open until I find something IF I DO ... 🙄🙄🙄

Spainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible California Special
feel the same. Ordered 3-11. My next concern now is the amount of people I’m hearing about pushed to 08-05 week. Likely a bunch of us gonna get bumped again.

Pacerdhs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 MUSTANG GT PP
My 2024 GT premium manual performance package moved from July 15 to August 5. Ordered November 10.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, PP, A10
My 2024 GT premium manual performance package moved from July 15 to August 5. Ordered November 10.
WoW … I found a few near me I’m going to reach out, I am very well versed in dealership lies, (as most of you all are) so it comes as no surprise to me what’s going on. I’m actually here at this point cause the DH I spec’ed and ordered was cancelled with NO EXPLANATION… ordered it in March 2023 🙄. Never built, cancelled the order with no explanation. 🤷‍♂️
See here:

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Scheduling This Week (5/16/24) for Production Weeks 7/1 - 7/29 1718458042892-48
Sponsored