• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Borla vs. Ford Performance by Borla

S650Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Silverado, '21 Grand Cherokee L, '24 Mustang
Does anyone know the difference between Borla exhaust and Ford Performance by Borla exhaust? The only main difference I can see in the descriptions is the Borla is a 3” system and Ford Performance by Borla is a 2.5” system. What else if any is different (mainly being sound)?
Sponsored

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I think on the 18-23 systems by Borla they added some resonators that aren't on the Ford Performance version

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Price and sound and diameter. I believe the packaging material inside the mufflers are a little different too. Ford Performance is a usually more tame because its "OEM"

-Josh

horned-toad

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
my 'FP by B' system (S550) included the resonator. I didn't install it since I went with Steeda H-pipe. The sound level is very nice and not obnoxious and blatty like most exhausts.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Price and sound and diameter. I believe the packaging material inside the mufflers are a little different too. Ford Performance is a usually more tame because its "OEM"

-Josh
I have the Ford Performance by Borla Aggressive and it's pretty loud with the Borla Switchfire. I had to tame it down a tad with some mini race mufflers.
Sponsored