• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Austincreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S650, Tesla Y
For those that are thinking about installing rear camera inside the back window, I found that routing the wiring through the headliner is the way to go.

Use a wire snake and it can go through all the way from the front to the back. You would need to gently navigate thru some reinforcement structure under the headliner but it’s not difficult at all.
S650 Mustang Dashcam rear camera wiring tip -- route wire through headliner IMG_9305

S650 Mustang Dashcam rear camera wiring tip -- route wire through headliner IMG_9304
Sponsored

Paul's stable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse 2006 GT with Temec 6 speed 4.11
For those that are thinking about installing rear camera inside the back window, I found that routing the wiring through the headliner is the way to go.

Use a wire snake and it can go through all the way from the front to the back. You would need to gently navigate thru some reinforcement structure under the headliner but it’s not difficult at all.
IMG_9305.jpeg

IMG_9304.jpeg
Thank you great tip that is a lot easier than taking down panel pieces.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I've always used a fish tape to get any wiring run under a headliner.

OP
OP
Austincreek

Austincreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S650, Tesla Y
Thank you great tip that is a lot easier than taking down panel pieces.
Yep. In case anyone wonders, my wire snake went a bit diagonally, from the front passenger side towards the driver C pillar. I hope the pictures illustrate this.
Sponsored