• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

beefcake

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Gen3/10r80 swap
I wanted to share this video we did the other day for you guys. As a lot of you know we have a 24 GT with a Whipple Stage 2 kit. A long known issue has been the heat soak on the top mount blowers. The guys at FI Interchillers really go above an beyond with this kit. We were experiencing 50 degree lower IATS with this kit installed. The nice thing about this kit is it will work with any car running a water to air set up. All kits start as the universal kit and depending on the vehicle it can be made to be "plug n play".

• Race Track Safe
  • Improves fuel consumption
  • No condensation leaks
  • Gain back ignition timing Once your intercooler fluid passes through the chiller is is supercooled to below freezing temperatures which then lowers your intake temps of your water to air intercooler system of a supercharger or turbocharger.
  • Below ambient intake air temps
  • Stealthy Installation
  • No performance loss of cabin AC
  • Patent Pending Design
  • Dyno and race track proven HP gains
  • Entire System Warranty
  • Protects engine from pre ignition
  • Great Customer Support
As below you can see this is the general layout of an AC system with a chiller, the compressor and lines might be on the other side of the car depending on your model but that’s all there is too it. No matter what make and model car you have they are all the same.

AC-system-layout-website.jpg
Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
going to run it at the track? Would be interested to see the gains

Paul's stable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse 2006 GT with Temec 6 speed 4.11
I wanted to share this video we did the other day for you guys. As a lot of you know we have a 24 GT with a Whipple Stage 2 kit. A long known issue has been the heat soak on the top mount blowers. The guys at FI Interchillers really go above an beyond with this kit. We were experiencing 50 degree lower IATS with this kit installed. The nice thing about this kit is it will work with any car running a water to air set up. All kits start as the universal kit and depending on the vehicle it can be made to be "plug n play".

• Race Track Safe
  • Improves fuel consumption
  • No condensation leaks
  • Gain back ignition timing Once your intercooler fluid passes through the chiller is is supercooled to below freezing temperatures which then lowers your intake temps of your water to air intercooler system of a supercharger or turbocharger.
  • Below ambient intake air temps
  • Stealthy Installation
  • No performance loss of cabin AC
  • Patent Pending Design
  • Dyno and race track proven HP gains
  • Entire System Warranty
  • Protects engine from pre ignition
  • Great Customer Support
As below you can see this is the general layout of an AC system with a chiller, the compressor and lines might be on the other side of the car depending on your model but that’s all there is too it. No matter what make and model car you have they are all the same.

AC-system-layout-website.jpg
Nice video, okay you showed it worked. However I would like to see some info on how to install this second A/C condenser. Also give us a ballpark price?

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
going to run it at the track? Would be interested to see the gains

We have ran it at the track. Just didnt get to do a video since it was at the NMRA race. I actually won the BMR S650 shootout with a 9.854-second run at 143.35 mph at Norwalk last week.. I was very impressed at how well the car ran after installing the chiller.

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice video, okay you showed it worked. However I would like to see some info on how to install this second A/C condenser. Also give us a ballpark price?
I wasnt able to do an install video on this but FI dose have a pretty lengthy write up on their site. The image in my post is linked to the item on the site. They start around $1800 before shipping. Right now they are 20% off

https://fiinterchillers.com/tech_articles/how-does-a-universal-interchiller-kit-adapt-to-my-car/

Last edited:

Paul's stable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for that info I did go to your site and saw the price. One question does the A/C stay running all the time?
Nope. it actually bypasses the AC with a t valve. so you can run AC and then at the track kick the AC off and it will run off the AC condenser and compressor. AC isnt required for the chiller to work. Like in race cars that dont have AC you can simply install an AC condenser and compressor dedicated to running the chiller.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Nope. it actually bypasses the AC with a t valve. so you can run AC and then at the track kick the AC off and it will run off the AC condenser and compressor. AC isnt required for the chiller to work. Like in race cars that dont have AC you can simply install an AC condenser and compressor dedicated to running the chiller.
Kinda sounds like running ac in the intake instead of passenger compartment, err i mean using a simplified example.

Paul's stable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for your reply. However what I meant was the compressor running all the time as its a HP pericyte. I do realize the cooler will greatly overcompensate for the loss HP. I hope someone will do a video of an install on a 2024 DH with a Whipple so I could see it before I commit but looks real interesting the theory is great.

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for your reply. However what I meant was the compressor running all the time as its a HP pericyte. I do realize the cooler will greatly overcompensate for the loss HP. I hope someone will do a video of an install on a 2024 DH with a Whipple so I could see it before I commit but looks real interesting the theory is great.

We didnt notice a loss of HP. The car actually ran 9.92 before the chiller and after it ran a 9.85. So i would say if the compressor it robing HP, then it is very minimal. There isnt a difference between the GT and DH kit. It will install just like the GT kit and the results will be essentially the same.
Sponsored