• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Android Auto shutting down randomly……

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium/Vapor Blue/PP/401A
I like to use Android Auto because of the hands free texting feature while driving and while listening to Pandora but when it comes to listening to SirusXM, I turn off Android Auto. Here lately, everyday, while listening to Pandora, Android Auto turns “Audio Off”. I have the latest version of Android Auto on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra & I have restarted my phone. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
It might be the phone or software on the phone. I have the same thing happen to me when listening outside the car. Just a thought.

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
I like to use Android Auto because of the hands free texting feature while driving and while listening to Pandora but when it comes to listening to SirusXM, I turn off Android Auto. Here lately, everyday, while listening to Pandora, Android Auto turns “Audio Off”. I have the latest version of Android Auto on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra & I have restarted my phone. Any suggestions?
Exactly the same thing happens to me. Audio just turns off . but in may case, looks like it turns off after a google map driving notification or when Pandora switches to a new song. i just touch the radio button on the dash and turn audio on again. I dont use pandora outside the car, so i do not know if the same happens while not in the car.
But i also noticed that this workaround only works when Android Auto is connected wireless...when its wired and sound goes off, i cant turn it back on... had to disconnet the cable and connect again to start working properly. My phone is also Samsung, but Flip5 and to my knowledge, I have all the Dashboard updates.

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
Yea. Not real impressed with the entire car/phone interface thing. I put some tunes on my Samsung A12 to listen to over the car's sound system. When I plug the phone into the car's USB port; "if and when" the car finally recognizes the phone as a USB device and populates it in the audio sources page; I run into "issue #2".

When I select the phone as my audio source; I get a prompt on the car screen telling me my USB device needs to be unlocked "prior" to being plugged in.; then I must go into my phone settings and enable "MTP".

:crackup: My phone IS unlocked, and MTP IS enabled, so I'm not sure where that bit of electronic BS is coming from.

If I unplug the phone (on either the car or phone end) often enough, "sometimes" the car's software will finally recognize the phone as an unlocked/MTP enabled device and "allow" me to listen to my tunes. Most of the time it does not!

Billycar11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac Grand Prix
If I unplug the phone (on either the car or phone end) often enough, "sometimes" the car's software will finally recognize the phone as an unlocked/MTP enabled device and "allow" me to listen to my tunes. Most of the time it does not!
Why not just use the player in android auto I use VLC

Steadyvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang ecoboost
It's not you.... I'm just not impressed with Android auto. I have a samsung 24 ultra, and the issues are constant.
Waze keeps freezing, sirius won't connect, apps won't show up in the car, Android won't connect upon startup, and so on.... I've tried everything! I just accept the fact Android needs major work. If you get a connection and keep it throughout your trip, consider yourself lucky.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I have issues with this in both my '21 F150 and the '24 DH. It's more of an AA issue than it is a vehicle issue.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Mine did this yesterday. 30 minute drive and AA never came on. I turned the wifi and bluetooth off and on a couple times and nothing changed. Annoying.

Typically when it does work on startup I don't have any problems with drops. Drove all over the place earlier in the same day and Pandora and GoogleMaps stayed connected and functioned flawlessly.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This happened to me yesterday as well. First time I've had it turn the "audio off." I just hit the audio button and it came right back on, but not sure why it turned it off in the first place. Hoping we get an update soon since it sounds like a lot of folks are having the same issues. Also hear of similar CarPlay issues.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Mine did this yesterday. 30 minute drive and AA never came on. I turned the wifi and bluetooth off and on a couple times and nothing changed. Annoying.
If I get a hard stop like this on the F150, I just reset the APIM. Takes about 15 seconds and the phone usually connects again. Have not had it happen on the Mustang yet.

Sometimes I restart my phone at the same time, just for S&G.

To reset the APIM, simultaneously hold the power button and the seek forward until the Sync splash screen shows again, then let both go. Do not confuse this with a master reset of Sync - you don't lose anything.

The APIM is the primary module for the Sync system.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I get a hard stop like this on the F150, I just reset the APIM. Takes about 15 seconds and the phone usually connects again. Sometimes I restart my phone at the same time, just for S&G.

Have not had it happen on the Mustang yet.

To reset the APIM, simultaneously hold the power button and the seek forward until the Sync splash screen shows again, then let both go. The APIM is the primary module for the Sync system.
Thanks for the tip. If it doesn't start up on the next drive I'll try that.

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4; 1990 Mustang 5.0 coupe
Common problem with Sync. Happens to me ALL THE TIME. I have to reset the APIM to get the audio to start playing through the speakers again.

Pmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I don’t use AA but I do use CarPlay. I have had very similar issues.

One of my main issues has been everything starts to freeze and stutter that can lead to turning the audio off by itself. I have noticed it happens every time I drive past a specific fire station. If I have to completely stop in traffic, audio off. Seems to be some kind of frequency causing issues.

GhastlyTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse, 2023 Mach-E GT, and 2017 S1000RR
S24 Ultra here. I don't think I've gone a single day without having to reset my APIM to get SYNC and/or Android Auto working. It is my only real complaint about this car. To make it even more annoying, you also lose your backup camera lines after an APIM reset until the next start. Ford really needs to do something about it.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
This is mainly geared towards Apple CarPlay. I have recently encountered audio issues (no audio comes through even though the App on the phone is playing) with CarPlay. Switching the phone from CarPlay to Bluetooth Media and back to CarPlay seems to resolve the audio issue.
Sponsored