• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 - check engine light on at ~6,900 miles

SoloS650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Any update on this situation? I also got a check engine light for miss fires on my 2024 GT with only 2700 miles.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AmyJean

AmyJean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Any update on this situation? I also got a check engine light for miss fires on my 2024 GT with only 2700 miles.
Still havenā€™t gotten in to see the dealer yet. Appointment is on Tuesday. The error code it threw was P0300. Yesterday the check engine light went off and I no longer have a vehicle alert in my app and it says vehicle health is good. Car is driving fine but Iā€™m not accelerating the way I like. Will update when I get more if any info.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Using 93 Oct gas? Top Tier?
I only use 91 or 93. Mostly 91 from local chain of stores here called Stewartā€™s. 93 if at Mobile, etc
This is from a 2022 Blog Post on the Stewart's web site,

"In 2020, the company struck a deal to buy the local Polsinello Fuels distributor with the intention of bringing gasoline from industry leaders, including Sunoco, Citgo, and Mobil."

https://www.stewartsshops.com/news/we-dont-like-to-brag-but/

From other posts on other forums, the actual brand of fuel can vary from location to location. But it does read they should all be Top Tier starting from around 2020.

https://www.toptiergas.com/

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Still havenā€™t gotten in to see the dealer yet. Appointment is on Tuesday. The error code it threw was P0300. Yesterday the check engine light went off and I no longer have a vehicle alert in my app and it says vehicle health is good. Car is driving fine but Iā€™m not accelerating the way I like. Will update when I get more if any info.
Sounds like a sub optimal tank of fuel. Try a top tier premium tank (or at least half) to see if your acceleration returns to where you like. Iā€™d still let them check for reassurance but since the light went out the condition that caused the notification has stopped.

OP
OP
AmyJean

AmyJean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse

"In 2020, the company struck a deal to buy the local Polsinello Fuels distributor with the intention of bringing gasoline from industry leaders, including Sunoco, Citgo, and Mobil."

From other posts on other forums, the actual brand of fuel can vary from location to location. But it does read they should all be Top Tier starting from around 2020.

I only
Sounds like a sub optimal tank of fuel. Try a top tier premium tank (or at least half) to see if your acceleration returns to where you like. Iā€™d still let them check for reassurance but since the light went out the condition that caused the notification has stopped.
Oh, the car CAN accelerate exactly how I like it, but the message from ford said not to ā€œprevent possible damageā€¦.avoid harsh acceleration.ā€ So as hard as thatā€™s been, Iā€™ve avoided it. I do use premium fuel. 2 more days and hopefully Iā€™ll have an answer.

OP
OP
AmyJean

AmyJean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse

Thanks for that!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I only

Oh, the car CAN accelerate exactly how I like it, but the message from ford said not to ā€œprevent possible damageā€¦.avoid harsh acceleration.ā€ So as hard as thatā€™s been, Iā€™ve avoided it. I do use premium fuel. 2 more days and hopefully Iā€™ll have an answer.
As long as no light it will most likely be drive as desired and monitor. Even good stations can have a bad moment. All it takes is for one person (either the delivery driver or the station attendant) to leave the lid askew and itā€™ll happen. As long as they donā€™t see any oil or active codes chances are it will be good to go . having it on record wonā€™t hurt. But if it ainā€™t lit now and theyā€™re gonna check it, iā€™d be tempted to be slightly more aggressive with it.

sunnydhama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost '24 race red; active exhaust
Same thing happened to me, this is what they did when I took it to dealer. Nothing wrong with the engine, they need to reprogram the APIM module.
CEL will go away in few miles, donā€™t worry

S650 Mustang 2024 - check engine light on at ~6,900 miles image
S650 Mustang 2024 - check engine light on at ~6,900 miles image

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hello there! Are you still experiencing this concern with your check engine light? If so, I would like to look into it on my end. Please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer.

OP
OP
AmyJean

AmyJean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Hello there! Are you still experiencing this concern with your check engine light? If so, I would like to look into it on my end. Please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer.
Thank you, but my dealer fixed the issue yesterday. The folks at Metro Ford in Schenectady are wonderful!
Sponsored