• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Dark Horse Tires - Trofeo RS

Klipshpoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse HP
None of which provide any real advantage over the non-DHHP when driving on public roadways within the boundaries of the motor vehicle code ... :like:

I can't speak for the Pirelli tires on my non-HP Dark Horse yet, as I only have 1,600 miles on them. But what I can tell you is: I just had the tires replaced on my 2021 F150 yesterday. 60,045 miles on the OEM tires that came on the truck, and all four tires still had 5/32nds or more tread on them. Zero uneven wear. Zero issues. No noise. If you're not familiar with the depths at which tires are recommended to be replaced, those tires easily had another 10K to 15K miles on them before getting down to where they would start to tell you to consider new tires soon (3/32nds).

Those tires were Pirelli tires.

I replaced them because I wanted to get a new AT tire on there before winter, and the local tire chain just had a killer deal on what I have been looking at for a few months -- nearly $300 off the set.

On the track? Or street?

Of course you are. But as I've told many people many times, you are welcome to post your opinions on the Interwebz all day long, but you're going to get all kinds of responses from others, including some dissenting opinions ... :)

The dissenting opinion is I should not have bought the car.....becuase of the tire. LOL. We've already established its a (Fast) wear item, so that really didn't play a huge role in any decision making. Does not change my stance that its an over spec'd tire for the car.

I'm not sure if the Non-HP has the same Pzeros the 2017 PP1 had??? Those lasted me 7K miles each. PS4s ran 15K on the same car (for about $200 more per set).
Sponsored

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
The dissenting opinion is I should not have bought the car.....becuase of the tire. LOL. We've already established its a (Fast) wear item, so that really didn't play a huge role in any decision making. Does not change my stance that its an over spec'd tire for the car.

I'm not sure if the Non-HP has the same Pzeros the 2017 PP1 had??? Those lasted me 7K miles each. PS4s ran 15K on the same car (for about $200 more per set).
The non HP tires are Pzero PZ4s correct? That's at least what they are on my Performance Package GT s650. So they're different than the s550 Performance Package Pirelli tires. Although my PP s550 tires lasted longer than 7k miles with hard driving 🤔

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Does not change my stance that its an over spec'd tire for the car.
And my opinion that it is a good tire for a track-focused DHHP stands as well.

Ain't life grand?! Have a great weekend.

Klipshpoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse HP
The non HP tires are Pzero PZ4s correct? That's at least what they are on my Performance Package GT s650. So they're different than the s550 Performance Package Pirelli tires. Although my PP s550 tires lasted longer than 7k miles with hard driving 🤔
In Oklahoma where we have a couple of months of 100+ days the 2017 Pzeros would basically just melt. One of the biggest improvements they made in 2018 was going to Michelin.

Guenni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse, handling package, Recaros, appear
I had to bring one rim with the Trofeo to a tire shop to fix a curb rash whith 600 mls on the clock. I was still braking in the car and didn't punch it. The shop said the tires have way more then 600 mls o them. When I picked it up it had 30 mls on it. Next will be Michelin PS4.

scottso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse
I drove my track package dark horse 500 miles on the street and then immediately replaced them with the 4ps. Haven’t tracked yet but the Michelins are way nicer the street and highway hands down.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Lots of 350R guys go to the PS4s with great success....

Like a mad man I keep putting Cup 2s on my car - they last about 3500 miles..... at some point in the future I might try the Trofeo - curious to see if a difference ....

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yes, the tires will wear out quickly, but they produce amazing best lap times for videos and magazines. Plus amazingly short stopping distances.

I prefer ~300 tread wear rated tires for a performance car. Yes, your times aren't as fast, but I'm not winning trophies no matter which tire I use. I'd rather have most of the fun and save some money on consumables.
Sponsored