• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Konqueror5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Did not find anything here specifically for a vert (found some S550 info) when searching so sharing my thoughts. Had the springs on for about 300 miles.

Convertible, 25mm spacers, stock 19" premier wheels
  • Height Before Front 28.5" Rear 28.25"
  • Height After Front D 27.5" P 27.25"
  • Height after Rear (both) 27.125"
  • Drop 1" in front
  • Drop 1 1/8" rear

I did the install myself and the extra convertible brace took some effort, another 16 bolts. I think on jack stands I spent a total of 6 hours, interrupted by my kids. If self install:
  • Get the clamshell style strut compressor, the stock springs have a wider diameter so easy to get off with the McPherson style, IMPOSSIBLE to put back on.
  • Have a friend, some extra wood/bars for leverage, or be strong if you want to get the rear springs out solo. I did it myself by pushing with one hand and pulling with the other. (I lift weights as a hobby so stronger than average and needed all of it, get a friend if you have one)
Driving impressions
  • Slightly bouncier than stock but does not bother me a bit
  • Feels more planted in corners with less body roll, I don't take them that hard but do push further on frequently traveleld ones to see how it feels
  • The front does rub if I go over a big bump, likely because the wheel spacers. I hear the noise and it is minor, so I haven't checked where it is coming from. I will eventually but don't feel like getting under the car until my new front splitter comes. Note the passenger is 1/4" lower so I know it is that side and I was too worn out to troubleshoot the issue right after install.
BMR stated I may need camber bolts so I put those on the front. Looks like the car was not that far out of spec. Hear are my alignment results.

I plan to put a whipple on in the future so may have to revisit the front since that is supposed to drop the car another 1/8".

All in total I spent $507 for springs, spacers and alignment, not bad and changed the entire car

S650 Mustang BMR SP763 lowering springs DIY install - impressions & photos before_after

S650 Mustang BMR SP763 lowering springs DIY install - impressions & photos mustan

S650 Mustang BMR SP763 lowering springs DIY install - impressions & photos springs

S650 Mustang BMR SP763 lowering springs DIY install - impressions & photos mustang2

S650 Mustang BMR SP763 lowering springs DIY install - impressions & photos 20240619_151755
Sponsored

OP
OP

Konqueror5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Didn’t take the wheel off, just lifted the car.
S650 Mustang BMR SP763 lowering springs DIY install - impressions & photos IMG_7030
Clear as day where I’m rubbing. Will take the spacers off when I install my splitter and see if that fixes the problem. I do love the stance though so when I get a better look in the fender I’ll see if it’s just one spot I can massage.
Sponsored