• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Current Wait Times on builds

JCE2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson Hybrid, Can-Am F-3S Spyder
Greetings! Brand new to all this....I will have my downpayment etc all lined up by October. I have noticed that for whatever reason the dealers here in Colorado seem to be in love with "grey"....I am not! I know if I wait until I will "impulse buy" and get a car that is close to what I want... but probably not the color I want. My question is how long is the current wait time? What I really want is a yellow Ecoboost Premium with the "Wheel & Stripe" package and the copilot+. So no complicated changes. My thoughts are if I order now it wont arrive until after October when I have financing all lined up. I know a lot oft he discussions here are folks ordering dark horse, but any idea what the typical wait time is for an ecoboost premium?
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
We ordered our premium (convertible) gt in the middle of june ‘23 and picked up towards the end september ‘23.

Billycar11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac Grand Prix
ordered Dark horse handling pack Atlas blue 4/19/23 still dont got it
build date is currently week of 8/12

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Ordered Feb 24 this year and drove it home May 15. That's a GT convertible with everything but auto. But that's not a DH, avoided all the holidays and planned assembly plant downtime this summer. I suspect a GT ordered today from a dealer with open allocations and not dozens of orders already waiting would get it built in the October/November time frame. But haven't they closed 24 orders nd not yet opened 25? I freely admit I haven't paid much attention once mine showed up.

Last edited:

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
I was going to order a GT in the last week of April. My dealer(Sales Rep, Sales Manager, and dealership Purchasing Agent) said 6-8 months build time. :crying: WTF? And they build the darn things right here in my state?! :crackup:

Bought the GT they had sitting on the lot; didn't have Recaros, 6spd, and PP, but was the right color, had the Brembos, the K member and 3.55 LS diff from the PP, and I like the A10 tranny more than I thought I would.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I was going to order a GT in the last week of April. My dealer(Sales Rep, Sales Manager, and dealership Purchasing Agent) said 6-8 months build time. :crying: WTF? And they build the darn things right here in my state?! :crackup:

Bought the GT they had sitting on the lot; didn't have Recaros, 6spd, and PP, but was the right color, had the Brembos, the K member and 3.55 LS diff from the PP, and I like the A10 tranny more than I thought I would.
No offense, but most dealership staff don't know squat about production lead time.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just posted this in another thread, but ...

We provide a major sub-assembly to FRAP for all Mustangs. We have already watched the releases disappear for all of July and the rumor is that they will be down all of August. We still see August requirements, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do pull them all out as well.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I think an EcoBoost is likely to go from order to delivered in about 4 months if your dealer has an open allocation for you barring any other plant closures or supplier shortages. I don't think you'll get it before Oct if you ordered now. At this point I would just wait until the 25s start getting built and get you one of those. Might be some new color options.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
ordered GT Convertible 8/12/23, built 10/11/23, delivered to my dealer 11/7/23, took delivery 11/9/23, slightly under 3 months.

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
No offense, but most dealership staff don't know squat about production lead time.
None taken.

Their BT estimate was based on their experience with actual build/delivery times on customer ordered 2024 Ford vehicles (mostly trucks and SUVs, but including Mustangs). They were perfectly willing to take an order from me, but in the end my choice was did I care to risk ordering, and getting into the 2025 model year and likely price increase that would go with it, or go the buy off the lot route I took?

I'm happy with the car; though I'd kill for a pair of Recaro seats (I don't like leather seats and my last two cars had Recaros in them). And, I'll duplicate the PP "look" for about $700-$750 instead of the 5K MSRP Ford wanted.

Last edited:

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
And, I'll duplicate the PP "look" for about $700-$750 instead of the 5K MSRP Ford wanted.
Only downside is you don't get the performance goodies with just the spoiler and rims, but unlikely anyone will go looking under the car at a stoplight.

Airtrade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
All I know by watching this forum for almost three months is no one knows for sure. Could be 3 months could be 8!
If you want yellow could it go away for MY25?

In my case I absolutely did not want to compromise on what I want.
Other dealers would not trade stock and my dealer tried all kinds of extras to get me to buy one on the lot. Not what I wanted though.
So I will wait. albeit not patiently! 😁

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All I know by watching this forum for almost three months is no one knows for sure. Could be 3 months could be 8!
If you want yellow could it go away for MY25?

In my case I absolutely did not want to compromise on what I want.
Other dealers would not trade stock and my dealer tried all kinds of extras to get me to buy one on the lot. Not what I wanted though.
So I will wait. albeit not patiently! 😁
I've bought 14 new cars from my local dealer. They couldn't help me with the S650, so I found one an hour away (it was actually on the production line). My dealer didn't get mad when I bought my DH elsewhere they understood. Plus they know I'll buy from then again!

Airtrade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I've bought 14 new cars from my local dealer. They couldn't help me with the S650, so I found one an hour away (it was actually on the production line). My dealer didn't get mad when I bought my DH elsewhere they understood. Plus they know I'll buy from then again!
I wish I knew then what I know now!
I found the dealers with cars they wouldn't trade but I was being the nice guy and you know where they finish.
Sponsored