• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Does anyone else have a creaking noise coming from the rear passenger side of the car?

n_123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
I can’t track down what’s causing the issue. Dealer won’t diagnose because the car has to be at about 85-90mph for it to be present.
Sponsored

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
I had a little creaking at low speeds over bumps. Lubricating the rear seat hinges with some synthetic spray lube fixed it.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I can’t track down what’s causing the issue. Dealer won’t diagnose because the car has to be at about 85-90mph for it to be present.
Hi there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
I had this on mine, more of a rattle and sounded like a loose bolt. Progressively got worse and very noticeable in track mode. Mine ended up being a faulty shock that and was replaced. Took the dealership a while to find it.

Apparently another common issue is the rear deck where the speakers are can cause noise too. Dealership did this for mine as well.

OP
OP

n_123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
I had this on mine, more of a rattle and sounded like a loose bolt. Progressively got worse and very noticeable in track mode. Mine ended up being a faulty shock that and was replaced. Took the dealership a while to find it.

Apparently another common issue is the rear deck where the speakers are can cause noise too. Dealership did this for mine as well.
I actually tried to feel around under the rear deck (I assume you’re talking under the rear window) and couldn’t find anything loose. With your shock, was there excessive play in it or are you not familiar? Would love to take it to the dealer already knowing the issue so it could just be replaced no questions asked.

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Other than the noise I didn’t notice anything at first. I finally decided take it in when I started to notice that it didn’t feel quite planted at highway speeds, 80+. It wasn’t real bad but I did notice it.

Hopefully the dealership can diagnose yours quicker than mine. They had it for a month before sending out a Ford engineer that got it and put it on a shaker at the local truck plant and he was able to pinpoint it.
Sponsored