• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First performance upgrade recomendations

OP
OP
BatlPony

BatlPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT w/ perf pack 6MT
Would you say it did what I imagined it would….just kinda helped it out with lower gears - enhances what it already has? I’ve read H = deep, X = rasp
Sponsored

OP
OP
BatlPony

BatlPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then I would encourage you to do so. The rails make things easier, plus the four circled areas are on the pinch weld. May not be an issue to use the others if you have a lift, but for at home work, I like and recommend the rails.
Yea if you got a lift my dude. I think those rails are for us that are not that lucky…and need to jack/stand in the driveway. Which makes sense why those would help.

GhastlyTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse, 2023 Mach-E GT, and 2017 S1000RR
Yea if you got a lift my dude. I think those rails are for us that are not that lucky…and need to jack/stand in the driveway. Which makes sense why those would help.
Yeah, jacking rails are a real good first choice. I don't know how much clearance the GT has compared to my Dark Horse HP, but my low profile extended reach Daytona jack was useless everywhere except the factory pinch lift points. The rails make it much simpler: jack up the car from the center of the rail and throw 2 stands on the sides.. repeat on the other side to lift the entire car.

After rails, I'd do stuff to stop the wheel hop. That'll get you better traction, performance, and reliability.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Then I would encourage you to do so. The rails make things easier, plus the four circled areas are on the pinch weld. May not be an issue to use the others if you have a lift, but for at home work, I like and recommend the rails.
More to that a Dark Horse is only about four inches off the ground, rails do it easier with home jacks to lift it for tire change and inspect underneath as well! I don’t have a fancy lift to lift the whole car up, just one side at a time!

OP
OP
BatlPony

BatlPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, jacking rails are a real good first choice. I don't know how much clearance the GT has compared to my Dark Horse HP, but my low profile extended reach Daytona jack was useless everywhere except the factory pinch lift points. The rails make it much simpler: jack up the car from the center of the rail and throw 2 stands on the sides.. repeat on the other side to lift the entire car.

After rails, I'd do stuff to stop the wheel hop. That'll get you better traction, performance, and reliability.
thanks man, makes sense. I’m planning on dropping my GT at least and inch in the back and maybe a bit more in the front. Didn’t think about the jack situation….that would have been fun.

Looking at “stop the hop” stuff currently….just wondering what I need vs. want with respect to what the PP got me…

GhastlyTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse, 2023 Mach-E GT, and 2017 S1000RR
thanks man, makes sense. I’m planning on dropping my GT at least and inch in the back and maybe a bit more in the front. Didn’t think about the jack situation….that would have been fun.

Looking at “stop the hop” stuff currently….just wondering what I need vs. want with respect to what the PP got me…
No problem. Most of the different wheel hop solutions are supplemental. AFAIK, nothing will replace any of your performance pack upgrades.