• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

For those with the B&O Sound System

Jdio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 gt pp 2018 gt350 2003 cobra
Source media seems to play a part. I will admit some hd radio sounds better than the poorly ripped mobile tunes i occasionally have playing.
i agree 100% ripped music files are low quality so they transfer quicker.
Sponsored

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4; 1990 Mustang 5.0 coupe
The speakers are matched to the amplifier and it's all tuned to sound the way it does.... which isnt terrible. You can swap the speakers out for better efficiency, but its more than likely not going to sound a LOT better (Just louder). Amplifier and signal are 2/3rds of the equation.

The base F-150 stereo is truly awful. I dumped a grand in a small amp/dsp combo, JL C1 speakers, and a powered sub to replace my F-150 system. I think the Mustang B&0 System actually sounds better than my F-150 aftermarket system regardless of its inferior Ford Speakers. That has everything to do with being lab tuned verses a budget sound processor.
You are correct.....they are louder and SQ improved only nominally with what I did. My truck has the 18-speaker B&O set up and it is tuned to favor the front sound stage with the rear door speakers as just fillers. The thing is, the headrest speakers are weak and over-powered by the front door and dash speakers and after-market subs, so while you hear some surround effects, you don't hear the music itself all around you. Swapping out the rear door speakers made a huge improvement for me (and many others on the F150 forums) even with the stock DSP. The rear door speakers were two-ways and I dumped them for a set of components on the rear doors wired directly to the DSP with some simple in-line bass-blockers for the tweeters.

I have never heard the sound system in the new Mustang, so I cannot speak intelligently on how good it is or isn't out of the box. In my truck, it was very lacking in several ways from factory and most F150 owners feel the same way.

Klipshpoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse HP
You are correct.....they are louder and SQ improved only nominally with what I did. My truck has the 18-speaker B&O set up and it is tuned to favor the front sound stage with the rear door speakers as just fillers. The thing is, the headrest speakers are weak and over-powered by the front door and dash speakers and after-market subs, so while you hear some surround effects, you don't hear the music itself all around you. Swapping out the rear door speakers made a huge improvement for me (and many others on the F150 forums) even with the stock DSP. The rear door speakers were two-ways and I dumped them for a set of components on the rear doors wired directly to the DSP with some simple in-line bass-blockers for the tweeters.

I have never heard the sound system in the new Mustang, so I cannot speak intelligently on how good it is or isn't out of the box. In my truck, it was very lacking in several ways from factory and most F150 owners feel the same way.
Two gents at work have the B&O F-150s. One a 2021 another is a 2023. For reasons I can't explain the mustang is better. Its probably all due to the fact that the mustang is filling half the space with the same amp and speakers.
Sponsored