• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I can’t win….

DontHitMeSafetyYellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
Have had my 2024 Ecoboost premium w/PP for all of 1.5 months. Haven’t even made the 2nd payment yet. 1109 miles on the clock and decided I should bring it in today to get the first oil change before I take a road trip on Monday…

Ok get to the dealership. Pull into the service bay line. Hand the person my keys, go inside to the person to start writing up my order. All of a sudden we hear a woman start screaming “I can’t stop!!!” I turn and look to see a big boat of a sedan slowly rolling in the service line and THUNK!!! I look and sure enough it hit the back of my car!

My blood pressure immediately went through the roof and I yelled out “are you F*cking kidding me?!?!”

Everyone in the place is looking horrified. I grabbed a few pictures. It really just pressed the rear bumper plastic in a bit (popped right back out after they moved the cars apart) and the paint off the other car brushed right away off the bumper, but the plastic has been deformed which means it’s permanently discolored.

Service manager said they will certainly replace that. Pretty sure I’m getting my oil change for free too. Still I’m furious. Apparently the car that hit me had handicap controls and the service person had no idea and couldn’t make it stop. I was SOOOO tempted to demand she be fired on the spot but I held myself in check. It obviously was an accident but geez. If the car isn’t stopping, throw it into park or something! Dont just yell out and panic!

Every single car I’ve bought new has had an issue within the first month of ownership (except my 2011 Explorer)

Mazda 626 - flat tire 2 weeks after buying it
Ford Probe GT - drivers door creased in by a contractor moving his pickup truck 3 weeks after getting it.
Scion XA - windshield cracked by a rock 1 month into ownership
Explorer - ok
Mustang - flat on the first day, now this rear ending.

Sigh….

S650 Mustang I can’t win…. IMG_6345
S650 Mustang I can’t win…. IMG_6350
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Circumspection validation verification. As tempting as it may be … is it control or lack thereof that creates an impression?

Doug Watson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I had my 2022 Mach 1 for a week when a guy carrying a light pole at work hits my rear bumper and takes out a chunk of the plastic bumper. I was furious like you but in the end it all got taken care of. Hope you get it fixed to your satisfaction.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Bro I feel ya, at least you weren't a dickhead trying to get her fired. I think you and I are rivaling each other for bad luck right now.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Seriously…. Because in the moment I was ready to strangle Somebody. That service tech doesn’t know how close she was to the unemployment line….
Not sure why you think you have the authority to demand a company sacks an employee? Or for that matter they would take any notice of you at all.

Flat tyres happen, so do cracked windscreens, hardly a drama.

I'm sure your car will be fixed just fine.

OP
OP

DontHitMeSafetyYellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
Not sure why you think you have the authority to demand a company sacks an employee? Or for that matter they would take any notice of you at all.

Flat tyres happen, so do cracked windscreens, hardly a drama.

I'm sure your car will be fixed just fine.
Why???

When I hand them my keys, I am expecting them to treat MY property with respect. They are responsible for it.

if you screw up bad in your job and damage a customer’s property or account or anything like that you don’t feel the customer has a right to pitch a fit and your boss has the right to terminate you for negligence and failure to do your job properly?

im giving her a break because it was a car with handicap controls in it (although the owner said it has normal control as well that work just fine so nobody seems to know how the F she couldn’t stop using the brakes). If the damage was more extensive we would have had a serious problem…

As it is because of her inability to stop the car the dealership is out probably $1000 between the oil change that was comped today, the parts and the labor and possibly loaner car for me when they work on mine…

I take care of my stuff so it will last. I don’t appreciate when it gets damaged by the actions of others…

FarNorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Yup, this can cause rage. Some years back I had a gal backing out of a parking space in a Jeep ram her trailer hitch right through the rear of my Lexus I had for 2 days. Then she did a runner. Other people stopped her. I was furious. When I approached her she demanded I get the F@# away from her car and her daughter of 6…. I had to bite my tongue. I had the last laugh though… when the police arrived it turns out she was 32 years old with a learners permit which here means she can’t drive on multi lane highways yet but she had. She had absolutely no documentation for the vehicle and no child safety seat for her child. No wonder she wants to run. $2500 damage to my car but damage to her license and insurance will cost her for years.

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
I did my own 1k oil change. No problem at all. I sent a sample to Blackstone lab to see how the engine breaking in.
I enjoy crawling under it. Got to do the H pipe next.

OP
OP

DontHitMeSafetyYellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
I did my own 1k oil change. No problem at all. I sent a sample to Blackstone lab to see how the engine breaking in.
I enjoy crawling under it. Got to do the H pipe next.
Unfortunately I live in a condo and we aren’t allowed to do any car work (or even washing/detailing) in the parking area. Plus I don’t have the stuff to do it myself. Back when I had a house and motorcycles I did those all the time. Cars - nope.