• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Low Battery Warning at 1,000 Miles!

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
This morning I got a notice on my FordPass app that remote features were disabled as my Mustang was in "Deep Sleep" mode to save the battery. I put my 5 amp Noco Genius charger on the battery. 4 hours later the charger is still on the first charging stage (indicator light).
The only possible thing I could have done yesterday was put the car in "Full Accessory" mode and forgot it. I don't remember any lights on the dash or the Start/Stop button when I left the car, but I could be mistaken. I would think the car would complain audibly if the key was removed from close proximity. I will have to test this theory out once the battery is fully charged.
The car was with the dealer to do the clutch recall (hydraulic line was secure) and do an oil & filter change on Thursday. I doubt they would have done something else and not told me.
Sponsored

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
if your vehicle is inactive for 5 days it will go into deep sleep mode. If your battery voltage drops below a certain level it will go into deep sleep mode. constant short trips will also trigger sleep mode. I also have a 22 F-150. Same scenario as the Mustang. I have a charger set up in my garage for each vehicle. If they are going to be sitting for more than 2 days they go on the charger. PIA, but it works. I learned my lesson the hard way. I had a 20 Explorer ST. It sat for 7 days while we were away. Went into deep sleep. Went 3 miles to go out to dinner. Locked the car (keys in it as I would use the keypad) keypad was deactivated and was locked out of the car.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if your vehicle is inactive for 5 days it will go into deep sleep mode. If your battery voltage drops below a certain level it will go into deep sleep mode. constant short trips will also trigger sleep mode. I also have a 22 F-150. Same scenario as the Mustang. I have a charger set up in my garage for each vehicle. If they are going to be sitting for more than 2 days they go on the charger. PIA, but it works. I learned my lesson the hard way. I had a 20 Explorer ST. It sat for 7 days while we were away. Went into deep sleep. Went 3 miles to go out to dinner. Locked the car (keys in it as I would use the keypad) keypad was deactivated and was locked out of the car.
I drive virtually every day, granted the average mileage per day is only 12 miles.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That's not enough to fully recharge so over time it could do it.
Also if you have a dash-cam and it's set to record when parked. Someone i know hod those messages and it turned out to be the dash-cam settings.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's not enough to fully recharge so over time it could do it.
Also if you have a dash-cam and it's set to record when parked. Someone i know hod those messages and it turned out to be the dash-cam settings.
No dashcam.
Before I received the car, I had read (on this forum) about low battery conditions of new vehicles because they sit around. I put my charger on the car as soon as I got it home from the delivery. It took about 8 hours for a full charge.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
No dashcam.
Before I received the car, I had read (on this forum) about low battery conditions of new vehicles because they sit around. I put my charger on the car as soon as I got it home from the delivery. It took about 8 hours for a full charge.
I did the same, mine had sat 1 month before being shipped from the assembly plant so it took a while to get the battery healthy again.
Mine is not a daily so every now and again i put it on the charger. Just to make sure the battery stays healthy.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Depending upon how low it was when you got it and how often/long you typically drive, it takes longer than 4 or 8 hours to bring that battery up to full charge especially with just a 5A charger.

Also, resetting the BMS after a deep charge or battery replacement is a good idea, as that's what's monitoring SOC to put the vehicle into sleep mode.

Batteries can be defective, too. Had to have the one in my '21 F150 replaced just a year in.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red ordered 4/30
i would assume like the s550, the default SoC setting for the oem battery is 80%

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
i would assume like the s550, the default SoC setting for the oem battery is 80%
It changes. That's why you reset it when you replace/deep recharge. It needs to relearn (kinds like resetting the auto trans to relearn how YOU drive).

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
This morning I got a notice on my FordPass app that remote features were disabled as my Mustang was in "Deep Sleep" mode to save the battery. I put my 5 amp Noco Genius charger on the battery. 4 hours later the charger is still on the first charging stage (indicator light).
The only possible thing I could have done yesterday was put the car in "Full Accessory" mode and forgot it. I don't remember any lights on the dash or the Start/Stop button when I left the car, but I could be mistaken. I would think the car would complain audibly if the key was removed from close proximity. I will have to test this theory out once the battery is fully charged.
The car was with the dealer to do the clutch recall (hydraulic line was secure) and do an oil & filter change on Thursday. I doubt they would have done something else and not told me.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
What’s the point of a bms if it don’t?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I drive virtually every day, granted the average mileage per day is only 12 miles.
Does that imply 6 each direction? That’s barely getting warmed up but and although, as i questioned another post. What’s the point of bms if it don’t? But then again as was suggested maybe a bms relearn is due?

Edit: “Short trips tend to pull more amperage than the charging system can put back into the battery, which causes certain features – such as auto stop/start – to stop working. Other times, the infotainment screen may display a message that the system has turned off to save the battery. Those that drive longer distances don’t necessarily see this happen quite as frequently, as the charging system is able to keep the battery at an optimum state of charge.”

https://fordauthority.com/2022/11/ford-battery-monitoring-system-explained-in-depth-by-technician/

Last edited:
OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does that imply 6 each direction? That’s barely getting warmed up but and although, as i questioned another post. What’s the point of bms if it don’t? But then again as was suggested maybe a bms relearn is due?

Edit: “Short trips tend to pull more amperage than the charging system can put back into the battery, which causes certain features – such as auto stop/start – to stop working. Other times, the infotainment screen may display a message that the system has turned off to save the battery. Those that drive longer distances don’t necessarily see this happen quite as frequently, as the charging system is able to keep the battery at an optimum state of charge.”

https://fordauthority.com/2022/11/ford-battery-monitoring-system-explained-in-depth-by-technician/

As I explained in my first post on this issue, The problem may have been of my own making! I have driven 80 something days (since purchase) without a problem. While I was working on something in the garage in "Accessory Mode", I may have left it that way overnight. The next morning is when I got the warning.
After attaching my NOCO Genius 5 to the battery, it became fully charged in about 10 hours.
BTW: Auto start/stop is disabled as I ALWAYS run the AVE in Sport mode.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I explained in my first post on this issue, The problem may have been of my own making! I have driven 80 something days (since purchase) without a problem. While I was working on something in the garage in "Accessory Mode", I may have left it that way overnight. The next morning is when I got the warning.
After attaching my NOCO Genius 5 to the battery, it became fully charged in about 10 hours.
BTW: Auto start/stop is disabled as I ALWAYS run the AVE in Sport mode.
Acknowledged, but what’s the point of having a bms if it’s unable to resolve and or relay pertinent information to / for the end user.

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
Acknowledged, but what’s the point of having a bms if it’s unable to resolve and or relay pertinent information to / for the end user.
It shuts down all unnecessary power draws (resolves), and sends notifications to fordpass app (relays information)... what more would you have it do? Hook itself to a charger?
Sponsored