• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My car just got pushed back to 10 July

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, PP, A10
Original build week was 3 June, it moved to 10 June now 10 July. WTF!!!
I got tired of NOT SCHEDULED FOR TWO AND A HALF MONTHS and was worried about losing the 3.9 interest rate cause it expires on 07/08 and I was told they have no intention of renewing it. That's the reason I cancelled my order and found one on the ground, but it wasn't easy and be advised in a 2000 mile wide search my Dealer and I only found (2) two - A10, GT Premiums, 401A, Recaro, Performance Pack cars, both in white, I bought the one that didn't have the Bronze package didn't want to spend the extra money on something I didn't like.

It does have optioned wheels though that I will be selling as soon as I get them off the car and install my 20x10 - 20x11 SVE CFX gloss black on 285/35/20 Nitto G2 front - and 305/35/20 Nitto R2 drag radials rear.
Sponsored

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 4x4 Limited. 2024 GT Mustang Premium
I've had a VIN since shortly after I placed the order. Since then my production date has moved from mid-June to now mid-Aug, and who knows if that date will stick around. Enjoy your M2!
Does anyone know why Ford is pushing back the 2024 Mustangs production dates?
I believe we’re still a couple of months before they start building the 2025 Mustangs?
Are they delaying because of a Drastic Parts Change for the 2025 Mustang?
It seems odd to me.
I believe they reported sales are Down on the 2024 Mustang but when they’re not producing any 2024s the Sales are going to be down.
The Ford Dealers around here have very limited supply of New Mustangs or Zero inventory.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
My M2 is here...just picked it up. Im done waiting. Here is the car getting ready for PDI. I'll take better pics tomorrow.

S650 Mustang My car just got pushed back to 10 July IMG_20240701_215308

S650 Mustang My car just got pushed back to 10 July IMG_20240701_085317

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
My M2 is here...just picked it up. Im done waiting. Here is the car getting ready for PDI. I'll take better pics tomorrow.

IMG_20240701_215308.jpg

IMG_20240701_085317.jpg
Congrats, @Dave2013M3. I was never much of a BMW fan myself l, but that's nice. Enjoy!

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SLC
Does anyone know why Ford is pushing back the 2024 Mustangs production dates?
I believe we’re still a couple of months before they start building the 2025 Mustangs?
Are they delaying because of a Drastic Parts Change for the 2025 Mustang?
It seems odd to me.
I believe they reported sales are Down on the 2024 Mustang but when they’re not producing any 2024s the Sales are going to be down.
The Ford Dealers around here have very limited supply of New Mustangs or Zero inventory.
Shortage of V8 engines, whether it was a production hickup that scrapped a load of parts or they've found a problem that require re-validating. We'll never know.
Ecoboost orders are insufficient to warrant keeping the production lines open.
Didn't the latest stats show they had something like 15k mustangs in stock across the usa ?

Spainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible California Special
Shortage of V8 engines, whether it was a production hickup that scrapped a load of parts or they've found a problem that require re-validating. We'll never know.
Ecoboost orders are insufficient to warrant keeping the production lines open.
Didn't the latest stats show they had something like 15k mustangs in stock across the usa ?
if all this is accurate it’s a shame they wouldn’t at least clear all the eco boost cars out of their system before closing again. I’m waiting on a V8 but would be less to worry about later and no sense for the eco boost customers to have to wait an extra month….

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if all this is accurate it’s a shame they wouldn’t at least clear all the eco boost cars out of their system before closing again. I’m waiting on a V8 but would be less to worry about later and no sense for the eco boost customers to have to wait an extra month….
Suppliers who forecast and planned to build components to support N Ecoboost vehicles per month can't simply provide 2x as many components at the drop of a hat because FRAP stopped building V8s, and they aren't going to run the plant at half capacity.

Spainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible California Special
Suppliers who forecast and planned to build components to support N Ecoboost vehicles per month can't simply provide 2x as many components at the drop of a hat because FRAP stopped building V8s, and they aren't going to run the plant at half capacity.
Good call, makes sense.

CDNV8S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GB-GT PREM 401A/PP/AE/NP
FRAP stopped building V8s, and they aren't going to run the plant at half capacity.
Good call, makes sense.
Im picking up a vehicle in transit in 2 weeks with specs i wanted thats a special order. Blend date of 6/14. #492/660 for the week. The plant is running at half? of the maximum capacity it seems like seems like from previous months, some window stickers in the 900/1000

Could extremely low production run mean i get a great quailty car with no gaps and misalignments lol? I hope so.
My original order got pushed to 8/19 (for now) from 7/15 originally.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SLC
I was about to make a post to that effect.

With just in time production Ford doesn't hold much stock on site it's up to the suppliers to hold a buffer and they can reduce quantities easily and handle a temporary slight increase but to double will be a no go and Ford would have to reallocate all of the storage areas to hold the extra parts. And if the delay was originally only a week or so they won't bother.

There will be a significant lead time in the chain of parts. Like casting to machining to assembly etc. it can easily be 3-6 months from the start of a raw part to ready for the assembly line

They probably assumed whatever the issue with the v8 was going to be temporary but seems it isn't.

They were also in pushing through dark horses on the scheduling but maybe that engine also has an issue.

The Ecoboost isn't only a different engine, different bumper, hood, cooling pack, exhaust etc as well.

Whoever is responsible for causing the line stoppage will be footing a big penalty from Ford

Without info from the engine assembly plant or one of it's suppliers we'll be none the wiser. Could even be as a result of the Baltimore issue disrupted the flow of some components.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The plant is running at half? of the maximum capacity it seems like seems like from previous months, some window stickers in the 900/1000
FRAP is down. It will be down the month of July and, quite possibly, deep into August.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was about to make a post to that effect.

With just in time production Ford doesn't hold much stock on site it's up to the suppliers to hold a buffer and they can reduce quantities easily and handle a temporary slight increase but to double will be a no go and Ford would have to reallocate all of the storage areas to hold the extra parts. And if the delay was originally only a week or so they won't bother.

There will be a significant lead time in the chain of parts. Like casting to machining to assembly etc. it can easily be 3-6 months from the start of a raw part to ready for the assembly line

They probably assumed whatever the issue with the v8 was going to be temporary but seems it isn't.

They were also in pushing through dark horses on the scheduling but maybe that engine also has an issue.

The Ecoboost isn't only a different engine, different bumper, hood, cooling pack, exhaust etc as well.

Whoever is responsible for causing the line stoppage will be footing a big penalty from Ford

Without info from the engine assembly plant or one of it's suppliers we'll be none the wiser. Could even be as a result of the Baltimore issue disrupted the flow of some components.
We provide a major component for a significant percentage of all North American market Ford and Lincoln SUVs, light trucks, and the only passcar - Mustang.

Every year, Ford provides us with monthly (and annual) forecasts for every vehicle program based on models and trim levels. As a company, we create our budget based on these anticipated forecasts. As you said, yes, we can absorb increases in a particular product (think: trim level of a particular vehicle), but only to a point, as our suppliers (and their suppliers) source material from all over the world. You can't react to a huge increase for a sub-assembly when your supplier and their suppliers can't react because some of the raw material or components they need or provide has lead times measured in MONTHS.

Ford provides suppliers with the authorization to purchase raw material need to produce the products they buy from us -- this is called RAW material authorization (think: plastic pellets needed to use in injection molding machine to product plastic parts for our sub-assembly).

They also provide us with the authority to produce specific quantities of products called FAB authorization (fabricate). This lets us build so many sub-assemblies that Ford has guaranteed they will pay us for, even if we don't ship them. This is a number less than the RAW number.

Finally, they provide us with authorization to ship material to them based on (weekly) finished goods releases and (daily) ship schedules, which amount to a number less than what they've authorized us to FAB.

All of these numbers determine what Ford is contractually obligated to pay us for, in case they "change their mind" and don't want to buy a bunch of finished goods. They limit their exposure by only having to pay for PART of the total price (raw material, fabrication that includes labor, and finished goods that include delivery) based on these releases.

This is how WE plan our production. It's how we know how much raw material we can buy, how much we can produce, and how much we can ship. We can't just go crazy and buy a bunch of raw material, then spend a bunch of money on labor, overhead, and non-direct material. If we did that, Ford could decide later they want to cut production, and we'd be stuck with a bunch of crap we can't sell.

It's also the same reason why we can't just absorb an INCREASE in production -- because we don't have enough material in the pipeline to start building 50% more Ecoboost parts on little or no notice, for example.

Welcome to the world of being a Tier 1 supplier for Ford (or any other large manufacturer).

Lakersfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Some better pics....

S650 Mustang My car just got pushed back to 10 July IMG_20240702_153055120_MF_PORTRAIT~2

S650 Mustang My car just got pushed back to 10 July IMG_20240702_153114723_MF_PORTRAIT

S650 Mustang My car just got pushed back to 10 July IMG_20240702_152950161