• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New spoiler

ghostang_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Bagged 2024 Mustang Gt Premium
Thank you for all this!

So are the factory spoiler bolts used with this or just the 3M tape? (the OEM is bolted on right? 🙄)
The factory drilled holes do not line up with the DAR Spoiler unfortunately, so it’s either 3M tape or drill new holes, but yes the OEM is bolted on and relatively easy to get off

LoWeLL216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Thanks - that's what I thought. Does the 3M tape seem pretty bullet proof? I've used it on my louvers and I couldn't remove them if I wanted to without a heat gun...

unk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
The factory drilled holes do not line up with the DAR Spoiler unfortunately, so it’s either 3M tape or drill new holes, but yes the OEM is bolted on and relatively easy to get off
Sorry, not to keep harassing you with questions, but does it have any form of alignment or did you have to do it by hand? Like alignment pegs that arent screwed down but at least keep it lined up correctly?

sunnydhama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost '24 race red; active exhaust
Man! They did create a new mould for this spoiler, they should have lined up the holes as well, lazy engineering

ghostang_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks - that's what I thought. Does the 3M tape seem pretty bullet proof? I've used it on my louvers and I couldn't remove them if I wanted to without a heat gun...
Yeah I’d say so, it’s definitely not moving once you got it on.

ghostang_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, not to keep harassing you with questions, but does it have any form of alignment or did you have to do it by hand? Like alignment pegs that arent screwed down but at least keep it lined up correctly?
Not a worry! You mainly just have to do it by hand, it’s definitely not the easiest task in the world and as someone who has OCD when it comes to the centering or alignment of car parts it was that much more difficult, but what my girlfriend had actually come up with was using parchment paper to keep the middle and right side of the spoiler from sticking to the car while I lined the left side up where I wanted. I then proceeded to the right side and just simply peeled the parchment paper from the 3M tape and the once again with the middle, we marked out where the middle was with a bit of tape to make it that much easier on ourselves. As long as your patient or plan it out it shouldn’t pose as too much of a problem. Hope this answers your question!

ghostang_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man! They did create a new mould for this spoiler, they should have lined up the holes as well, lazy engineering
Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing. Especially since they have s650s to work with, just seems like a given to have the drill holes line up with the factory ones, hopefully they’ll fix this sometime in the future so I can get a new one for free 🤣

Lightningwings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue Mustang GT Premium
So I ordered this spoiler a few days after ghostang_5.0 did with the expectation that it would utilize the factory end holes to bolt on. Reading ghostang_5.0's update post, it looks it was installed with just 3M tape. So I was very confused with the realization that it's held on with 3M tape and that you can't bolt on (without drilling, but who wants to drill if you already have mounting holes?).

Frustrated, I called DAR Spoilers to verify the installation process, spoke to George and he explained that yes this spoiler does utilize the factory blade spoiler's left and right end holes. The spoiler ships with 2 lag screws. So if you are removing the factory blade spoiler, you will use the 2 lag screws with the end holes to attach the spoiler to the decklid, then use the 3M tape for adhesion. Yes, he confirmed it will cover all original mounting holes, including the center holes.

He said it normally took them 10 business days turnaround, but they are seeing more orders on this spoiler, so it is taking them more like 15 days. He said my order should ship in July. Once I receive mine, I will let yall know how my install process goes.

Last edited:

unk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
So I ordered this spoiler a few days after ghostang_5.0 did with the expectation that it would utilize the factory end holes to bolt on. Reading ghostang_5.0's update post, it looks it was installed with just 3M tape. So I was very confused with the realization that it's held on with 3M tape and that you can't bolt on (without drilling, but who wants to drill if you already have mounting holes?).

Frustrated, I called DAR Spoilers to verify the installation process, spoke to George and he explained that yes this spoiler does utilize the factory blade spoiler's left and right end holes. The spoiler ships with 2 lag screws. So if you are removing the factory blade spoiler, you will use the 2 lag screws with the end holes to attach the spoiler to the decklid, then use the 3M tape for adhesion. Yes, he confirmed it will cover all original mounting holes, including the center holes.

He said it normally took them 10 business days turnaround, but they are seeing more orders on this spoiler, so it is taking them more like 15 days. He said my order should ship in July. Once I receive mine, I will let yall know how my install process goes.
Thanks for doing some follow up inquiries, probably will also be ordering soon as well, hoping to avoid long turn around. Do keep us posted though!

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
Ssssoooo..........................if we don't have a drill and bits to drill the holes can we just use a 9mm? 🤔

Yee--Haw! :crackup:

Lechuza5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Hey fellas, been lurking for a bit and just joined. I went ahead and ordered the DAR spoiler and once I get it installed I'll post some pics and my opinion. Gonna be a few weeks until I get it and install it. Thanks to anyone else who took the leap and gave us the information.
Sponsored