• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Open Track Day and Factory Warranty

MustangNoob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Novice level, planning first time on track (Open track day in CA)

Will putting the car in a track void the vehicle's warranty? Any thoughts? It's very vague to me as of what will happen if there is a mechanical flow/damage.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Think of it this way, will your drivers policy cover it? Same vein for warranty.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Check into Track Day insurance, from the local vendor or a company. Your auto policy will not cover any accidents or damage that occurs at the track.

Regarding the warranty, yes, racing will void the the warranty. From the 2024 Warranty Guide, printed page 6:

"*** Ford disclaims the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose if your vehicle is used for racing, even if the vehicle is equipped for racing. ***"

So Track Day insurance can cover you if there is an accident while on-track. If you develop a mechanical problem with the car later, do not ever approach the topic in any conversation with Ford. Remove any trace whatsoever the car was involved in anything, other than getting groceries and going to church, to include badges, stickers, hats, logos, rubber in the wheel wells, etc.

It's also a good idea to limit your social media. No photos, videos, anything that would directly associate you, racing and the car.

You can go to the track and have a great time. Just be careful about it. And somewhat private.

Edit,

As an additional thought, read up on, "How to disable Telemactics in the S550, S650 Mustang." This will help prevent Ford from being aware of your activities.

Last edited:

Jdio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 gt pp 2018 gt350 2003 cobra
Novice level, planning first time on track (Open track day in CA)

Will putting the car in a track void the vehicle's warranty? Any thoughts? It's very vague to me as of what will happen if there is a mechanical flow/damage.
yes warranty will cover if you don't mention track......shouldn't matter they are selling you a race car!

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2023 F150
I think it depends on the dealer. I know a handful of people who very clearly race their cars competitively and they still get warranty work done. On the other hand, I've seen numerous posts about people getting warranty work rejected because of track use.

As for insurance, I know someone who had a minor crash on track at an HPDE event and his insurance covered it. As long as it's "drivers education" and not a timed race, you should be fine.
Sponsored