• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 UK orders

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Thanks for taking the time to reply with this.
Supposedly my dealer has already checked and still seems the only DH’s inbound are what Ford have specced ie Ember with no spare allocations.
He did say he could get me one previously but I would have to take it in Ember which I don’t want.
All first world problems but clearly wanting to spend £70k isn’t as easy as you would think !
If you are not one of the 'Ford spec cars' then you are waiting for a factory order. That will be a MY25 car not built before September at the earliest.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
It is worth distinguishing between GT and DH orders on here when discussing.
Ford are currently only scheduling DH cars for August as the GT engine is not available.

We are feeding on scraps of information from Ford US (including the dealers) which doesn't help.

In any case if you are not currently scheduled I don't think there is any chance of a build before September now. Do check with your dealer if you are after a GT as there are some cars built / scheduled coming to the UK if you are flexible on spec, plus the dealer demo cars as well.

alscar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi R8 ,Audi RS4, Aston Martin GT8.
If you are not one of the 'Ford spec cars' then you are waiting for a factory order. That will be a MY25 car not built before September at the earliest.
Yup very much sounds like it.

alscar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is worth distinguishing between GT and DH orders on here when discussing.
Ford are currently only scheduling DH cars for August as the GT engine is not available.

We are feeding on scraps of information from Ford US (including the dealers) which doesn't help.

In any case if you are not currently scheduled I don't think there is any chance of a build before September now. Do check with your dealer if you are after a GT as there are some cars built / scheduled coming to the UK if you are flexible on spec, plus the dealer demo cars as well.
Decent review of the GT in this months Evo.

markimark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Black.
As you say - we all want to spend money - are all avid Ford supporters and yet we are either being given the wrong information (I was told by Ford UK that my car would be here in 3 days!!) being given NO information at all. Really poor show.

snodge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SEAT Leon ST Cupra 300 4Drive & Mercedes SLK AMG55
Well I finally got round to chasing my dealer for an update this week for my DH in dark matter grey, order placed with the dealer 2nd February. As I'd picked up on this forum and elsewhere, there were no dark matter grey models in the first batch that Ford UK pre-configured, so I wasn't surprised to be told the order was still at the dealer. But sixteen weeks and they don't bother to convey that to the cusomer!

Anyway, I have managed to track down a DH in vapour blue, build complete, delivery to the dealer in August, so that's what I've gone with. Costing a couple of grand more of course. Wasn't sure about vapour blue but have seen some videos on YouTube and it is growing on me. Main reason for going with dark matter grey was that it didn't have the bonnet vinyl which I personally think looks naff - might have to have them removed on the vapour blue. Will see how it looks in the flesh.

SweptVolume

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang, yet
Hello 👋

I have cogitated for some time and concluded that I can make the numbers work to buy my first new car, and as the sort of cars I enjoy are disappearing, I figure grabbing myself one of the last survivors and keeping it forever is the way to go.

Better yet, I ran it past my wife and received a vaguely positive response, so I'm set to start approaching dealers.

Having not bought new before, I have an idea of what to expect, but would value your first-hand experience as you've all very recently been here.

Q1) I have 3 or 4 options for Ford dealerships that sell Mustangs. Should I cross shop them? Even if the price is pretty rigid (supply and demand not being in the buyer's favour right now!), I assume there's a big variation in service, plus any little extras they might offer?

The dealers not a million miles from me are: Allen Ford - Swindon, Trust Ford - Bristol, Bristol Street - Gloucester. Did any of you order from one of these and have any experience to share?

Q2) Thinking about a test drive, do you know if any '24 Mustangs are actually in the UK yet or is that likely to be August?

Q3) Since the GT wound up production, I see the Mustang as the flagship model, but appreciate that Ford are about as mainstream as they come. Were you made to feel special for ordering their most expensive model, or was it much the same as it might be for a basic hatch? That said, I've had far better service from a Mazda dealership than a Jaguar one, so premium badge does not necessarily equal premium service.

Q4) What's the typical deposit for a factory order and is it refundable?

Q5) I assume we're still looking at >6 months from order to delivery for a UK car, so will probably order early Autumn for delivery in Spring.

Appreciate the help!

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I think dealer cars are arriving in August to view/test drive.
I'm waiting for a customers dark horse just to look at which should be nxt month. I bought 2 mustangs in 2015 and 2018 and my experience wasn't great but that could be just my dealership. Also been looking at the new M2 and so far that dealership has been miles better with up dates but at the end of the day they want my £70k 🤣

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SLC
A1) Try them all and go with the one that is keen to talk to you, if any of them are.

A2) They are not here yet and 'late july / early august is now mid august. They have been delayed somewhere, all i know is they haven't made it to Europe yet.
Next ships arriving to Liverpool are 5th and 6th July, The latter was supposed to arrive June 29th but is going via Germany first. Be quick to test drive as dealers are already selling there demo cars.

A3) See answer 1, I contacted 5 dealers directly 1 replied, and several others via carwow, 1 replied only with we don't have any cars to order until Jan '25.

A4) £500 is norm deposit and fully refundable, however there are no factory orders until Q1'25 with lead time of 6 months +

A5) See 4 there are no factory orders, you get to chose from what ford decided to make which isn't all permutations of the configurator. You're best finding a dealer that can search through that cars that have been built or have vins to be built but have not yet been sold. There are a load scheduled for build end of July to arrive in october.
The ordering system is a mess / shambles and there are a lot of vehicles and orders not sync'd up.

I was hoping that my car would of been here to take it to the birthday celebration event at silverstone on the august bank holiday weekend. But it's looking very unlikely now.

There is a discount for bringing a 'stang and a chance to take it on track for a parade.

SweptVolume

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang, yet
Thanks @avocet and @keithwalton for the replies. I spent time yesterday replaying this thread from the start and the extent of missed deadlines and broken promises is remarkable coming from the manufacturer that supposedly invented modern mass production; it reads more like the level of organisation I'd have excepted from the likes of TVR back in the day.

I think I'll also have to recalibrate my expectations viz. spending this amount of money and the service I'd expect to receive.

But none of this matters because I want the car. I'm not actually too fussed by the test drive as you rarely get to know a car in 30 minutes and the reviews are all pretty consistent. Being able to A/B test a Magneride car against passive dampers would be nice, but highly unlikely to happen, so I'll just spec the Mags and be done with it.

I'll give the dealerships a call and see if they even want my money. 🤣 Funny world...

Last edited:

alscar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks @avocet and @keithwalton for the replies. I spent time yesterday replaying this thread from the start and the extent of missed deadlines and broken promises is remarkable coming from the manufacturer that supposedly invented modern mass production; it reads more like the level of organisation I'd have excepted from the likes of TVR back in the day.

I think I'll also have to recalibrate my expectations viz. spending this amount of money and the service I'd expect to receive.

But none of this matters because I want the car. I'm not actually too fussed by the test drive as you rarely get to know a car in 30 minutes and the reviews are all pretty consistent. Being able to A/B test a Magneride car against passive dampers would be nice, but highly unlikely to happen, so I'll just spec the Mags and be done with it.

I'll give the dealerships a call and see if they even want my money. 🤣 Funny world...
I think all your questions have already been answered so I won't repeat verbatim.
I have factory ordered a lot of cars from different manufacturers and at different price points over the years but the experience thus far with Ford and the Dark Horse is the worst I have experienced.
If it wasn't the fact that I still want one I would have pulled the deposit and in fairness the £500 isn't too painful to have out there.
There appears more information available here than from Ford or the Dealers - irrespective of which one you talk to.
£70k is a large chunk of change and for the most expensive car you can buy from Ford you would have thought the service would be markedly better.
I also if I actually get the Dark Horse want it to be in the colour and spec I want not what Ford wants to allocate me.
As far as Vapor Blue goes I have seen one at the dealership in GT form and its not a bad colour choice at all.

SweptVolume

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang, yet
Thanks @alscar. Glad to hear this isn't the norm but a bit of a shame that the one car I want to buy new has a sales process that is, in effect, similar to buying used (you get the spec that's available and can't be too choosy).

I basically spent my childhood reading brochures and imagining how I'd spec my new car if ever I got the chance, and probably developed a false idea of the whole experience (in my mind, it would involve an afternoon at the dealership going through a lot of glossy photos, and paint and fabric samples, but this is probably more Ferrari than Ford).

An update on how I got on. I called my nearest dealership and got through to a receptionist and sales advisor who both really didn't seem all that interested to talk to me. I was told that they wouldn't get a demonstrator as it's a £60k car, which is surely flawed logic as it would help sell £60k cars. I didn't get a great feeling considering the amount of cash I could potentially send their way.

Next one I tried was far far better. The woman I got through to was really attentive and easy to speak to, listened and wanted to help. She even sent me a little video thanking me for calling, which I think is their way of adding a personal touch to a phone call or email.

So I know where I want to place my order, but as @keithwalton mentioned, Ford will not allow me to place an order at this stage. The sales assistant found two cars that came close to my preferred spec, but weren't colours I wanted, so I'll just have to wait. I'm in her diary to speak to me as soon as MY25 comes out and, assuming Ford doesn't wreck the colour options, will place an order then, but I really don't understand why I can't do that now and get my place on the list.

I don't mind waiting my turn, I just don't like that Ford have effectively said 'nope, we won't even entertain selling you the car you want even though it's there on our configurator'. In which case, what exactly is the point of the configurator? And why do they insist on building a car in a spec that hasn't sold after months (one of the two I was offered, for example), but won't build one in a spec with a guaranteed sale against it? There must be business rationale to it all, but it's not very satisfying for the customer. What if I just walked away at this stage?

But I won't, because I'm that weirdo who wants a bright yellow manual V8 convertible with red callipers and the trick magneride suspension.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well as I've had 2 mustangs before i know the BS that goes with it.
If i don't get what i want i will go elsewhere

alscar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well as I've had 2 mustangs before i know the BS that goes with it.
If i don't get what i want i will go elsewhere
Indeed - assuming you mean in car terms rather than dealer what alternatives are you thinking ?

alscar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swept , had to chuckle at your colour mention given I did say to the dealer it was like they were going back to Henry‘s roots in terms of any colour as long as black.
I have specced a couple of Aston’s and yes able to have exactly what you want ( at a price ) and whilst I never expected that level of customisation with Ford clearly what you want is hardly expecting the world.
It will indeed be interesting to see if MY25 brings any colour alterations.
Sponsored