• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 UK orders

alscar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi R8 ,Audi RS4, Aston Martin GT8.
Never been into BMW but test drove the new M2 auto and manual proper rapid no v8 burble though šŸ¤£
Yup that seems to often get a mention as a comparator to look at instead.
But I guess along with the lack of the 8 ,by itself isnā€™t particularly the last model in the chain.
Quick car though and with all the toys looks the part although that option pack to gain the seats isnā€™t cheap.
Presume some deals to be done on it though ?

SweptVolume

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang, yet
I'm not sure I could warm to the looks of the new M2, but objectively speaking, it's a hell of a machine. I was drawn to the Z4 Handschalter (the manual version with the green paint and tan leather) and there is one for sale with <2k miles on the clock for Ā£10k under list, but I also want that V8 burble/don't much like turbocharged engines, and have this fantasy that my 1 year old daughter will be able to come along in the back until she's a teenager, so a 2 seater doesn't really cut it.

I will buy a Mustang, but as you say, not in black.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Its actually good in the flesh, very muscular looking
Already a face lift version with more colours and power. The carbon seats are awful in my opinion. All depends though on Dark horse availability,colour (grabber blue or white )and final cost for me.

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
A1) Try them all and go with the one that is keen to talk to you, if any of them are.

A2) They are not here yet and 'late july / early august is now mid august. They have been delayed somewhere, all i know is they haven't made it to Europe yet.
Next ships arriving to Liverpool are 5th and 6th July, The latter was supposed to arrive June 29th but is going via Germany first. Be quick to test drive as dealers are already selling there demo cars.

A3) See answer 1, I contacted 5 dealers directly 1 replied, and several others via carwow, 1 replied only with we don't have any cars to order until Jan '25.

A4) Ā£500 is norm deposit and fully refundable, however there are no factory orders until Q1'25 with lead time of 6 months +

A5) See 4 there are no factory orders, you get to chose from what ford decided to make which isn't all permutations of the configurator. You're best finding a dealer that can search through that cars that have been built or have vins to be built but have not yet been sold. There are a load scheduled for build end of July to arrive in october.
The ordering system is a mess / shambles and there are a lot of vehicles and orders not sync'd up.

I was hoping that my car would of been here to take it to the birthday celebration event at silverstone on the august bank holiday weekend. But it's looking very unlikely now.

There is a discount for bringing a 'stang and a chance to take it on track for a parade.
You should have your car by the end of August I would think.

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello šŸ‘‹

I have cogitated for some time and concluded that I can make the numbers work to buy my first new car, and as the sort of cars I enjoy are disappearing, I figure grabbing myself one of the last survivors and keeping it forever is the way to go.

Better yet, I ran it past my wife and received a vaguely positive response, so I'm set to start approaching dealers.

Having not bought new before, I have an idea of what to expect, but would value your first-hand experience as you've all very recently been here.

Q1) I have 3 or 4 options for Ford dealerships that sell Mustangs. Should I cross shop them? Even if the price is pretty rigid (supply and demand not being in the buyer's favour right now!), I assume there's a big variation in service, plus any little extras they might offer?

The dealers not a million miles from me are: Allen Ford - Swindon, Trust Ford - Bristol, Bristol Street - Gloucester. Did any of you order from one of these and have any experience to share?

Q2) Thinking about a test drive, do you know if any '24 Mustangs are actually in the UK yet or is that likely to be August?

Q3) Since the GT wound up production, I see the Mustang as the flagship model, but appreciate that Ford are about as mainstream as they come. Were you made to feel special for ordering their most expensive model, or was it much the same as it might be for a basic hatch? That said, I've had far better service from a Mazda dealership than a Jaguar one, so premium badge does not necessarily equal premium service.

Q4) What's the typical deposit for a factory order and is it refundable?

Q5) I assume we're still looking at >6 months from order to delivery for a UK car, so will probably order early Autumn for delivery in Spring.

Appreciate the help!
My dealer has been very good so far and must be fairly close to you, if you want details PM me.

Bristol Street Motors have a very poor reputation on many different Ford forums.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SLC
You should have your car by the end of August I would think.
Either the systems are not updating properly due to the cyber attack thingy, or they're not getting booked onto boats for the same reason.
Mine is still showing as at Newark docks for 30 days now.
Eta to dealer is sticking at 6 weeks away. 2 of which are for the crossing i'm not sure what they're doing with it that takes 4 weeks to get from the docks to the dealer.
It only took 4 days over a bank holiday to go much further on the other side of the pond.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Either the systems are not updating properly due to the cyber attack thingy, or they're not getting booked onto boats for the same reason.
Eta to dealer is sticking at 6 weeks away. 2 of which are for the crossing i'm not sure what they're doing with it that takes 4 weeks to get from the docks to the dealer.
It only took 4 days over a bank holiday to go much further on the other side of the pond.
They never book them on very quickly to the ships, so you lose a fair amount of time sat there, but your getting closer now thought to leaving šŸ‘

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SLC
I get the impression that they're not particularly interested in selling the vehicle. That and it's better for the dealer if they sold it to someone else. They'd make an extra 5k.

Only upside is there is a chance the base interest rate will go down before it arrives. Unlikely to change the offers tho.

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is now put back to late August at the dealer. Not sure if the system is just not updating or the car is sitting in a lot waiting for a ship?

My S550 took 8 weeks from build to the dealer (including Christmas) Plus at that time the underseal was applied in the UK on arrival which apparently isn't the case now.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SLC
Mine is now put back to late August at the dealer. Not sure if the system is just not updating or the car is sitting in a lot waiting for a ship?

My S550 took 8 weeks from build to the dealer (including Christmas) Plus at that time the underseal was applied in the UK on arrival which apparently isn't the case now.
I suspect they're both sitting together at the dock of the bay (music reference)
Every week for the last few weeks it's slipping by a week so clearly waiting for something.
There is no shortage of ships they're sailing through newark once a week.
It could be that compound out is no longer a thing and the next we'll know is when they turn up in Europe somewhere.

My dealer has zero information on where or when it's heading anywhere.

It left the factory over 5 weeks ago and got to Newark 31 days ago.
Sponsored