• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Stuff you want Ford to fix in the next software update

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Yup! So for example if I'm coming on to an on ramp, and go to shift down a gear in preparation to slow down,
Why would you slow DOWN when approaching an ON ramp? I speed up to match the flow of traffic on the expressway.

Or perhaps you meant to say, "... if I'm coming to an OFF ramp ..."
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel like this is how it was intended to be but it's not showing, they need to fix it in a software update but I don't know if that's possible or if they care enough to.

Edit: Quiet mode remote startup needs to be fixed ASAP so it actually starts in quiet mode, it's pretty much useless for me because quiet mode only works if you start it from inside the car which I almost never do.
It's not broken. It's intended to work that way. Quiet mode enabled if started from inside the vehicle. Not via remote. We probably need the exercise anyway!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree. Our MDX has this and it's very convenient.
Our Cadillac has this and I hate it. I have to go hunt down keys when I'm in the garage and just want to grab something out of the car.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Resume route after power off (ie filling the tank) when using built in nav
My AA does that. Who the hell uses the shitty OEM navigation? 😆

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not so easy, I have the car cellphone off because they will want to charge me for another data plan. For the most part I am the only one in the car so a hot spot is useless. I have a cell phone which is with me 24/7 as people depend on me being available any time of the day or night. In this case, the car plays dumb if I ask it any question.
What do data plans and hot spots have to do with using the Ford Assistant voice command to change the radio to an FM station? Nothing.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
My AA does that. Who the hell uses the shitty OEM navigation? 😆
Came from the factory that way. ‘Only takes 1 minute’ to switch sources. 😆

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
Fix the slow startup on the infotainment screen. Also, if the car sits for under a couple of hours the dash defaults to the 68 guages. Then I have to sit and wait for the infotainment to boot to change back to normal guages. PIA.

topdawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Dark Horse Mustang, 2024 Ram 2500 CTD Mega Cab
Typical of Ford. Disappointing
I was changing around the splash screen graphics with FORScan just a few days ago. But not the badge. Lol.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Came from the factory that way. ‘Only takes 1 minute’ to switch sources. 😆
Then spend the minute and stop using a shifty nav system.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
I won't duplicate many of the previous good suggestions, but will add a new one: How about a good old fashioned "scan" button for the FM radio? I realize the snot-nosed kids who programmed (but not developed) the infotainment system just listen to their phones, but for us older drivers traveling outside our home regions it would be a useful feature.
Seems like it would be an "easy" software add.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems like it would be an "easy" software add.
Maybe, maybe not. I spent the first half of my career writing software. If only everything people said was "easy" actually was easy.

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
Along with the previous suggestion to change the vehicle image to a Dark Horse model for a Dark Horse vehicle, implement a convertible image for those with verts. Again, completely doable, just a matter of whether FMC wants to.

Another suggestion. I've noticed a few time that when I get in and press the user 3 button on the door, my previously saved side view mirror positions revert to some other position than what I saved. Doesn't happen all the time though. Anyone else experience this?

Otherwise, my wife and I have no other issues with the car. A great experience so far!

jimgt2k24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 silver GT 401A, auto, act exh, perf pkg, nite
To FM/XM scan, I think you can hold down the steering wheel right hand side > button for about 2-3 seconds.

I won't duplicate many of the previous good suggestions, but will add a new one: How about a good old fashioned "scan" button for the FM radio? I realize the snot-nosed kids who programmed (but not developed) the infotainment system just listen to their phones, but for us older drivers traveling outside our home regions it would be a useful feature.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To FM/XM scan, I think you can hold down the steering wheel right hand side > button for about 2-3 seconds.
Imagine that: Something another used asked for is already covered IN THE OWNER'S MANUAL!

@NH_woodser

S650 Mustang Stuff you want Ford to fix in the next software update Screenshot_20240629_160202_DuckDuckGo
Sponsored