• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DrkHrs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Just wanted to share a few things that I have learned through trial and error with my DH purchase. It's the first vehicle I have ever bought new and I bought it off the lot. Here's a couple of things that I have learned so far that hopefully might be able to save someone else the headache of multiple dealer trips lol. I have found that so many of the dealers don't know anything about these speciality vehicles.
  • Check for the shipping blocks in the suspension (I know this is mentioned a lot on this forum). My dealer didn't have these removed and we only saw them because I had them swap the Trofeo RS and HP wheels to a winter set of rims/tires.
  • Check your alignment!! One of my rear tires was toed out causing the car to tramline (more than it already does lol), steering wheel was off, and it would pull one direction upon acceleration.
  • Check that you have all of the accessories for your package level. HP should have extra floor mats, tow hook, aero strakes, wheel fender arches, and rear gurney flap in a plastic bag somewhere in the car. Mine was in the trunk.
  • Check your transmission oil level!! Mine was 1L underfilled from factory (I have the 10R80). The dealer checked it over and topped it up under warranty.
  • There is a DH manual online that has recommendations for alignment settings and servicing if you track the vehicle.
Sponsored

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
Have seen plenty of members here driving around with the suspension blocks...

And the factory alignment is terrible... everyone should have that done at pick up... may save some wear on the rear tires that many DH owners complain about... most alignment "before" measurements I've seen were 3 times as much rear toe as specified (mine included)... this will wear rear tires in a hurry!

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper