• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Uneven Ride Height After Ford Performance Track Spring Install

RonBurgundy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Against my better judgment, I had the dealership install ford performance track springs. I had to bring it to them twice. The first time I got the car back I noticed grease spun in the driver side wheel, found a tear in the CV boot and the driver side toe linkage knuckle bolt wasn't tightened at all. They also put a gouge in my passenger side rear wheel. They replaced the passenger rear wheel, the driver side CV axle and verified torque on all the bolts they touched during the install. When I got the car back it was completely misaligned, the steering wheel was clocked to the right and I noticed that the rear passenger side is sitting 1/4" - 1/2" higher than the driver side. I checked to see if the passenger side rear spring was seated properly and it looks fine. I also took it to a separate mechanic that I trust to see if he noticed any issues with the install that would cause uneven ride height and he said he couldn't see any issues with the install. I'm having the car aligned today, hopefully the alignment reduces the discrepancy some, but I'm not convinced that it will.

Just curious to see if anyone has run into this set up. Trying to determine if I need to just let the suspension settle in with the new springs or if I there's something else I should do. My last mustang was an S197 and I'm new to IRS so any help or ideas anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!

S650 Mustang Uneven Ride Height After Ford Performance Track Spring Install IMG_0648

S650 Mustang Uneven Ride Height After Ford Performance Track Spring Install IMG_0651
Sponsored

Sf22giants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
What a crappy situation from the dealership. I always hate to hear stories like yours about botched dealer installs.

On the bright side, I can barely tell a difference between your photos. I only noticed a slight difference because you said something about it. I know that doesn’t make you feel better.

My only useful bit of advice would be to reach out to FRPP and ask if your ride height problem is a common thing to experience and if they have any tips on how to adjust the suspension. In the past (previous mustangs) whenever I’ve had issues with a part, I always try to ask the manufacturer, first. Often, companies respond with a lot of helpful advice.

OP
OP
RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
What a crappy situation from the dealership. I always hate to hear stories like yours about botched dealer installs.

On the bright side, I can barely tell a difference between your photos. I only noticed a slight difference because you said something about it. I know that doesn’t make you feel better.

My only useful bit of advice would be to reach out to FRPP and ask if your ride height problem is a common thing to experience and if they have any tips on how to adjust the suspension. In the past (previous mustangs) whenever I’ve had issues with a part, I always try to ask the manufacturer, first. Often, companies respond with a lot of helpful advice.
Thank you. I appreciate it. I’ll give that a shot.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Against my better judgment, I had the dealership install ford performance track springs. I had to bring it to them twice. The first time I got the car back I noticed grease spun in the driver side wheel, found a tear in the CV boot and the driver side toe linkage knuckle bolt wasn't tightened at all. They also put a gouge in my passenger side rear wheel. They replaced the passenger rear wheel, the driver side CV axle and verified torque on all the bolts they touched during the install. When I got the car back it was completely misaligned, the steering wheel was clocked to the right and I noticed that the rear passenger side is sitting 1/4" - 1/2" higher than the driver side. I checked to see if the passenger side rear spring was seated properly and it looks fine. I also took it to a separate mechanic that I trust to see if he noticed any issues with the install that would cause uneven ride height and he said he couldn't see any issues with the install. I'm having the car aligned today, hopefully the alignment reduces the discrepancy some, but I'm not convinced that it will.

Just curious to see if anyone has run into this set up. Trying to determine if I need to just let the suspension settle in with the new springs or if I there's something else I should do. My last mustang was an S197 and I'm new to IRS so any help or ideas anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_0648.jpeg

IMG_0651.jpeg

That could be the tolerance of the vehicle build. My S550 was like this the driver side was lower by .25" vs. the passenger side. These are Mustangs not BMWs.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Bullshit. These are $50K to $75K sport-oriented automobiles. Zero excuse.
I totally understand your feelings but this can all be nothing more than manufacturing tolerances as I said my S550 had the same issue. Mustangs actually start at $30k.

Last edited:

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
Every vehicle regardless of price point has a ride height variance spec In the workshop manual. I don't know what it is for mustangs and I'm not going to bother to look but I can tell you that on a Lexus ls460 that it was plus or minus .75 in from side to side.
That sounds like a lot, but you can only tell by actually measuring.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
OP said "Uneven Ride Height After Ford Performance Track Spring Install".

They key is AFTER.
Sponsored