• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Updated: Subwoofer install for 9-speaker system (GT) and solving the "buzz"

OP
OP
DCBuckeye

DCBuckeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
What all is needed to get and use forscan. Idk anything about it as this is my first newer ford. Only two other fords I ever owned were a 95 F150 and an 05 Taurus.
Very easy. You just need a laptop, free software from here, and an OBD adapter (I bought this). You do need to sign up for a free trial license for the software, and for some reason that takes around 30 minutes to process, but it is free.

Once you have all that, go to the car, connect the OBD to your laptop and plug it into the car's OBD port, then start the car. Once the car is started, on your laptop, open up for Forscan software, have it connect to the car. Switch to the Configuration and Programming set of tools, select the ACM module, save a backup of the existing settings, then adjust the ESE value to 0, select Write All, wait until that's done, then turn the car off, start the car back up, if everything is good, tell Forscan to stop the service procedure, disconnect the software, then shut off the car and disconnect the OBD plug.

Here is a video that walks you through the process, but the video is for an F150, not a S650 Mustang, so the value is a little different. On the Mustang, you want to find 727-01-01 on the ACM module, then change the number where the asterisk is below to a 0; that will disable the ESE.

727-01-01xxxxxxxx*x--

That said, use at your own risk! I'm just a guy on the internet. :D
Sponsored

24BlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost
Well I guess that’ll have to wait as I don’t have a good enough laptop. Mine is over 10 years old and slower than molasses lol

OP
OP
DCBuckeye

DCBuckeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Well I guess that’ll have to wait as I don’t have a good enough laptop. Mine is over 10 years old and slower than molasses lol
For what it's worth, I used a piece of junk with only 8 GB of RAM. Forscan really doesn't seem to require much computing power. You could try downloading it to the laptop, open up the task manager to look at CPU and memory availability, then run Forscan and see how it does. As long as it (a) runs and (b) doesn't max out the CPU or memory, you're probably fine.

24BlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost
For what it's worth, I used a piece of junk with only 8 GB of RAM. Forscan really doesn't seem to require much computing power. You could try downloading it to the laptop, open up the task manager to look at CPU and memory availability, then run Forscan and see how it does. As long as it (a) runs and (b) doesn't max out the CPU or memory, you're probably fine.
It barely runs with pretty much nothing even on it lol it’s just slow and old. I need a new one but can’t afford to rn
Sponsored