• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I mean, for a practice shake down lap, it didn't look that slow. Generally how these things go, you take the car out, run a bunch of practice laps to tweak and improve the car, and then you do your flat out run.

The last thing you'd want is having your test drivers driving flat out for the beginning, and crashing the car while you're still collecting data and making tweaks. These people are told to hold back into the time is right.
I still remember one of the two gt350 cars on the ‘ring crashing on its first run in 2015.

getting some laps in snd using the data to calibrate before going crazy is the smart thing to do.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
sunday drive. I would suspect an empty track when attempting times.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I still remember one of the two gt350 cars on the ‘ring crashing on its first run in 2015.

getting some laps in snd using the data to calibrate before going crazy is the smart thing to do.
Did he actually crash? I thought he spun, but avoided the barrier and other cars. I do recall, I believe it was the Camaro zl1, crashing at the ring.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Did he actually crash? I thought he spun, but avoided the barrier and other cars. I do recall, I believe it was the Camaro zl1, crashing at the ring.
spun out - or just came untracked. but hit something. There was damage to the car.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
spun out - or just came untracked. but hit something. There was damage to the car.
Damn. Damaging a prototype always sucks. Different story, but I remember one of the jalopnik guys crashing a 6th gen Camaro prototype at a track, at a GM event. I could feel the embarrassment and anxiety through my screen.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Damn. Damaging a prototype always sucks. Different story, but I remember one of the jalopnik guys crashing a 6th gen Camaro prototype at a track, at a GM event. I could feel the embarrassment and anxiety through my screen.
I remember that. LOL

Felt bad for the guy. Didn’t look like he was doing anything crazy either. Don’t remember seeing that guy too long afterward. :frown:

maybe they just keep him lower profile?
Here’s his article on it:

https://jalopnik.com/i-was-the-first-person-to-publicly-crash-a-2016-chevr-1705084839

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Looks like the GTD MADE ANOTHER RUN at the Nurburgring.

They had to add some mufflers at the back and the run appeared to be interrupted by an old Mazda and another car (I mean come on…) edit: NVM. LOOKS like another start. but it looks sickeningly fast. There’s a section of video where it’s wide open throttle on an S curve/sweep and it stuck to the road like glue. Was going ludicrous speed too.

I think Ford liked what it did and wanted to push the envelope further. Stangmode said he heard it went sub 7 already on the previous runs.

May need another trip. Ford likes to do honest clean runs. Not piece together the best parts of lap times from different runs like Chevy does.

Really wondering how it compares to the gt3 rs.

ever since I first became a Mustang fan as an early teenager, I dreamed of the day Ford would take the Mustang out of the zone it was stuck in and swing for the fences with the big boys. The day is arriving and I’m fanboying like crazy.

first the Ford GT comeback and now this.

if only I could not only afford one, but be cool enough thst Ford would “allow” me to purchase. Sheesh.

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

They had to add some mufflers at the back and the run appeared to be interrupted by an old Mazda and another car (I mean come on…) edit: NVM. LOOKS like another start. but it looks sickeningly fast. There’s a section of video where it’s wide open throttle on an S curve/sweep and it stuck to the road like glue. Was going ludicrous speed too.

I think Ford liked what it did and wanted to push the envelope further. Stangmode said he heard it went sub 7 already on the previous runs.

May need another trip. Ford likes to do honest clean runs. Not piece together the best parts of lap times from different runs like Chevy does.

ever since I first became a Mustang fan as an early teenager, I dreamed of the day Ford would take the Mustang out of the zone it was stuck in and swing for the fences with the big boys. The day is arriving and I’m fanboying like crazy.

if only I could not only afford one, but be cool enough thst Ford would “allow” me to purchase. Sheesh.

Wait…

S650 Mustang Video: 2025 Mustang GTD Hits The Nurburgring IMG_2088

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Two different cars or left something behind?

S650 Mustang Video: 2025 Mustang GTD Hits The Nurburgring IMG_2144

S650 Mustang Video: 2025 Mustang GTD Hits The Nurburgring IMG_2145

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Two different cars or left something behind?

IMG_2144.jpeg

IMG_2145.jpeg
there are at least two cars they’re testing against each other. Gives faster turnaround for dialing in what they learn on each run.

the car is a dream. The only thing I wish they did different was go twin turbo and push it over 1000 Hp at the level this car is at Since the Zr1 is coming out around the same time.

Reactions: Zig