• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
No, we’re in America.
1/4 mile is the 1. Standard metric we use.

it’s not overblown at all… it IS the point

it’s why the gt350 was such a dud, ford can build a badass track car … fine… it still needs to put down respectable 1/4 mile times
The GT350 was D.O.A.
Yep 350s definitely DOA....I mean this one only sold for 148K a few months ago - maybe someone should have told him he could have bought an A10 S650 and saved 100K?

10-Mile 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R Heritage Edition for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for $148,000 on February 25, 2024 (Lot #137,612) | Bring a Trailer

Last time I checked a stock 350 is faster then a stock M6 S650?
Sponsored

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep them 350s are definitely slow in a straight line....

BATTLE OF THE V8's // 2024 Dark Horse Mustang vs. 2020 Shelby GT350R Mustang // Stock Comparison (youtube.com)

I mean Ive seen tons of stock S650s put down 490rwhp
It Makes How Much? We Dyno the 2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 (motortrend.com)

(OK even I admit- this is not a realistic dyno result- but still lol)

PS - this is not a knock on the S650- if you want a drag car...the S650 with an A10 is still a superior starting point then a 350....but complaining the GT350 doesnt turn crazy fast 1/4 mile times is like complaining the S650 doesnt have high enough tow ratings....

Last edited:

Revan9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
A porche 911 GT2 Is marketed as a track car (and is)
It also rips off 9 sec 1/4s stock, same with McLaren’s etc..

that’s more my point, build a track car by all means… it still needs to perform.
What would have been a sufficient 1/4 time for the GT350 in your opinion?

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
It needed to be half second quicker, better block, heads, cams, intake, DISPLACEMENT ffs.
And it’s neck and neck with a stock GT (dark horse’s conundrum)

They would have needed to run 11.5s at 122 plus off the showroom floor and preferably a tenth or 2 quicker than that.

and I’m not sure a stock one even sniffed an 11.99 and plenty of my friends and family have had GT350s. I speak from 1st hand experience.

doesn’t matter anymore… they’re dead, programs dead, voodoo is dead … D.O.A.
As I said.

great car show cruiser for sure!

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It needed to be half second quicker, better block, heads, cams, intake, DISPLACEMENT ffs.

They would have needed to run 11.5s at 122 plus off the showroom floor and preferably a tenth or 2 quicker than that.

and I’m not sure a stock one even sniffed an 11.99 and plenty of my friends and family have had GT350s. I speak from 1st hand experience.

As I said.

Hey I would never turn down another 1/2 second in the quarter mile lol
I believe there were 1 or 2 hero runs into the 11s- saw a bunch of guys run 12.0s

With an A10 they would be into the 11s (dont see M6 GTs in the 11s either)

Different phase in my life right now- I chose a Coyote in my truck even though its slower then the 3.5 because I like the noises it makes- just like I chose the 350 not because I wanted to win drag races but because I liked the noises it made

That being said....a few years back I had a 90 fox body with a 347/NOVI 2000 combo that I used to frequent Pomona with- I get it...I totally do... when my girls are through college I'd like to build a forced induction Coyote fox body .... or Predator if I am feeling really spicy lol

Revan9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

As I said.

I'm a GT350 owner, love the car. I bought mine knowing what it was and what it wasn't, I couldn't swing a GT3 at the time. The times you are expecting are very difficult for a manual car, especially at the time the car was released. You're essentially expecting the performance of a 992 manual performance at a 1/3 of the cost 7 years prior. It's nice to want things, and I don't disagree that I'd love if the car were faster, but like you said I think you're missing the point. The Dark Horse/Boss 302/Mach 1 are similar if you want a 1/4 car there's Dodge.

I've seen 11s on YouTube I'm pretty sure. I've never brought mine to the strip, it's not why bought it.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
I bet they thought since the Mach 1 only had a minor power bump they could get away with it for the DH

They must have forgot that the Mach 1 didn't exactly fly off the lots. Big mistake to make the highest model cost so much more but not have a noticeable HP jump over the GT

Klipshpoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse HP
I bet they thought since the Mach 1 only had a minor power bump they could get away with it for the DH

They must have forgot that the Mach 1 didn't exactly fly off the lots. Big mistake to make the highest model cost so much more but not have a noticeable HP jump over the GT
The only mistake Ford made was adding the A10 option to either the Mach 1 or DH. The only versions of these higher end cars that didn't and haven't sold are the Autos.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
The only mistake Ford made was adding the A10 option to either the Mach 1 or DH. The only versions of these higher end cars that didn't and haven't sold are the Autos.
The Mach ones still sitting on lots still have huge markups

there were six speed 2023's still on the lots a few months ago but they are all automatics now
Sponsored