• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Dark Horse Tires - Trofeo RS

DRKKNITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse (Handling Package)
OK this is bizarre. So I have only 2500 km on my Dark horse and wanted Ford to do the oil change just for my comfort as well as the inspection. I also needed my hood adjusted for wobble.

The wild part is they tell me my tires are a 6/10. WTF. I don't burnout, never did a launch and only 2500 km. Is that even possible? I only started shifting at 5000 - 6000 for a couple of weeks since break in.

I better source some different tires for sure. Am I correct when a quick search showed Dark Horse owners go to Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
track tires are made for a good time, not a long time
There’s a joke in there somewhere but however usually tires + track = used

w00tcamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse 6MT - Track Handling Pack, Recaros
Yeah, the Trofeos really do disappear that quickly if you're dailying them. I got a square setup of some 19x10 Apex wheels with 285/45/19 Continental ExtremeContact Sport 02's for daily driving. I kept the Trofeo RS's on the stock handling package wheels, and have those stored in my garage - they only come out for the track.

OP
OP
DRKKNITE

DRKKNITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse (Handling Package)
Yeah, the Trofeos really do disappear that quickly if you're dailying them. I got a square setup of some 19x10 Apex wheels with 285/45/19 Continental ExtremeContact Sport 02's for daily driving. I kept the Trofeo RS's on the stock handling package wheels, and have those stored in my garage - they only come out for the track.

Damn. 2500 km = 1500 miles. That is not much driving. So I'll get 3000 miles and not even hard miles out of these tires? Why bother putting them on the car. LOL

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Ford offers the Handling pack to people that want to track the car, i think the assumption from factory is that you will have a dedicated set of street wheels for all other occasions so they can justify slapping track tires on to start

Northern Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Vapour Blue DH, 23 Raptor, 22 Explorer ST
They are a 180 treadwear. So according to the rating system, they should last 20,736 kms. 6/10 would mean you have driven 12,441 kms. SO the math doesn't work here. Have you had your alignment checked. I picked my DH up 6 days and had them realign it today as it was pulling to the left.

w00tcamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse 6MT - Track Handling Pack, Recaros
They are a 180 treadwear. So according to the rating system, they should last 20,736 kms. 6/10 would mean you have driven 12,441 kms. SO the math doesn't work here. Have you had your alignment checked. I picked my DH up 6 days and had them realign it today as it was pulling to the left.
The rating system is definitely inaccurate. Regular driving will absolutely decimate the Trofeos - whether you’re driving on a street or track alignment - and they're not going to last more than 4 track days IMO.

FarNorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
OK this is bizarre. So I have only 2500 km on my Dark horse and wanted Ford to do the oil change just for my comfort as well as the inspection. I also needed my hood adjusted for wobble.

The wild part is they tell me my tires are a 6/10. WTF. I don't burnout, never did a launch and only 2500 km. Is that even possible? I only started shifting at 5000 - 6000 for a couple of weeks since break in.

I better source some different tires for sure. Am I correct when a quick search showed Dark Horse owners go to Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.
Funny you came out with this now. Your timing is perfect.
My GT came with Continental tires like most of you. On the rare occasion when I stand on it like fast pass, getting out of the way; I find the Contis lose their gripe very easily.
So, I’m looking for recommendations to replace the rear tires with something that will actually stick to the road.
Ideas please…

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
DRKKNITE: Hey, baby! Do you like to go fast?

Trofeo Rs: Me like fas, very fas, boom boom you long time fas drivah!

DRKKNITE: :inlove: Hop in; let's go!
...............................................................................................

Trofeo Rs: :frown: So sorry! Nah so long. You pay now!

DRKKNITE: :facepalm:

Sorry! Watched Full Metal Jacket again last night. :wink:

Paul's stable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse 2006 GT with Temec 6 speed 4.11

I took my Trofeo RS off with less than 100 miles on them and put the 4S on for the street. Then in the summer when I go to track days I will put the Trofeo RS back on. They are the best out there but wear so fast.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Mine lasted 7800 miles. I drove the car everywhere from autocross to mountain runs and for 6000 miles with a nail in the front tire lol. Would have made it to 8000 but I got tired of putting air in the front tire once it became an everyday issue. Plus the back tires were almost done. Ps4s have been wonderful so far.

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
So just to chime in, did my last oil change at 3k, and those tires are wearing even and a ton of tread left all the way around. Daily driver. Now its finally summer, so the DH gets a break, and the convert and Indian come out to play.
Sponsored