• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Borla Atak Catback Alignment

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
For those who have installed the Borla catback exhausts on their 2024, any issues with getting good alignment on the tips?

Just installed mine this weekend, and got the tips aligned really good height-wise and level and everything and thought it looked really good. Now after driving it a couple days, it seems like the tops are angling more toward middle of the back of the car and toward the inside of the diffuser opening.

Just wondering if it's an optical illusion given the lines of the bumper and staggered/slashed tips, or if I need to get back under and play with adjustments more to get the tips to angle outwards more.

Thanks
Sponsored

S650Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Silverado, '21 Grand Cherokee L, '24 Mustang
I have the Borla S-type catback installed. These pictures aren’t the best, but the alignment is okay. The left is not quite centered left/right and closer to the reverse light side. The right is centered fairly well left/right. However, both sides don’t sit up tight to the valance and sags more than I’d prefer.
S650 Mustang Borla Atak Catback Alignment IMG_0989
S650 Mustang Borla Atak Catback Alignment IMG_0990
S650 Mustang Borla Atak Catback Alignment IMG_0991

this picture makes it seem like they’re sagging on the outside, but in person it doesn’t seem that way. I haven’t take the time to mess with them anymore to try and get it where I’m really happy.

OP
OP

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
I have the Borla S-type catback installed. These pictures aren’t the best, but the alignment is okay. The left is not quite centered left/right and closer to the reverse light side. The right is centered fairly well left/right. However, both sides don’t sit up tight to the valance and sags more than I’d prefer.

this picture makes it seem like they’re sagging on the outside, but in person it doesn’t seem that way. I haven’t take the time to mess with them anymore to try and get it where I’m really happy.
Thanks for the response. What's funny is I feel the exact same way about mine. Right is pretty much centered and not bad. The left side is angled more in toward the reverse light. I feel like mine sit well height wise, and I checked level across the tips, and they are both perfectly level.

So only thing really bothering me is feeling like the tips are angling more in toward the reverse light instead of straight out back or even very very slightly outwards......but not sure if that's cause of the lines out the back.

I'll try to snap some good pics tomorrow to share.

OP
OP

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Alright, here are some pics of my alignment (please excuse the dirt, she's parked out to wash today). Again, when viewed from straight behind, not too bad although the left seems to point more toward reverse light.

The view is when you get closer and look downward at the tips....this is where I feel the tips are angled inward toward each other in lieu of straight out or slightly outward......

S650 Mustang Borla Atak Catback Alignment 20240703_100817

S650 Mustang Borla Atak Catback Alignment 20240703_100830

S650 Mustang Borla Atak Catback Alignment 20240703_100844

S650 Mustang Borla Atak Catback Alignment 20240703_100811

S650 Mustang Borla Atak Catback Alignment 20240703_100853

S650Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Silverado, '21 Grand Cherokee L, '24 Mustang
Alright, here are some pics of my alignment (please excuse the dirt, she's parked out to wash today). Again, when viewed from straight behind, not too bad although the left seems to point more toward reverse light.

The view is when you get closer and look downward at the tips....this is where I feel the tips are angled inward toward each other in lieu of straight out or slightly outward......

20240703_100817.jpg

20240703_100830.jpg

20240703_100844.jpg

20240703_100811.jpg

20240703_100853.jpg
From the pictures, yours seem pretty good! I know in person is always different than pictures. Yours seem to sit up closer to the valance than mine.
I need to mess with mine more, but my initial thought is the hanger on the left muffler is not bent at the same angle.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
A bit off topic but how does it sound? I've been thinking about getting the S-Type

OP
OP

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
A bit off topic but how does it sound? I've been thinking about getting the S-Type
I like it. I had a Steeda H-Pipe before with stock AE.....and actually liked it. But was looking for a little different setup with better tips and such. I can tell minor differences here and there....possibly some more pops and such. Little bit more rasp. I like loud, and it meets that, so it's good.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
If you're able to post some sound clips, that would be great! I had an S-type on my 2015 and loved it.
Sponsored