• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
After much debating on new wheels for my car, I settled on the 19" bronze Velgen VF5. I couldn't find any photos online of a Race Red S650 with the bronze 19" VF5, so I wasn't sure exactly how it would turn out, but I love the look. Thanks to @VELGEN WHEELS and @VibeMotorsports for helping me find what I was looking for. Also, I didn't interact with @Discount Tire here on Mustang7G, but I ordered the tires online from them, and the local store was great in getting them mounted quickly and without any damage to the wheels. My only slight complaint is this was my first time purchasing Nitto tires, and they had all kinds of excess rubber that sqeezed out from the mold and was not trimmed. I've bought all kinds of tires before and never had any that looked so unfinished. I spent a few hours with an Xacto knife trimming all the excess off, and they are are still not as clean as most every other tire I've ever purchased. I'm not sure if that is a normal thing for Nitto tires, or mine were an exception, but all four were pretty rough looking when I got them.

The car drives great with the new wheels and tires. No tramlining that I can detect and no difference in road noise or how smooth it drives. It definitely feels more planted with the wider tires. Overall, I am very pleased with the new wheels and tires.

2024 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack with MagneRide & Active Exhaust
Wheels: Velgen VF5 Gloss Bronze - Front 19x10 +34, Rear 19x11 +52
Tires: Nitto NT555-G2 - Front 285/35r19, Rear 305/35r19
Suspension/Chassis Mods: Steeda Magneride Sport Progressive Lowering Springs & Front Camber Plates; Steeda IRS Subframe Support Braces, Subframe Alignment Kit, Bushing Support System (Stop the Hop Starter Kit); Steeda Full Length Jacking Rails; Steeda Adjustable Front and Rear Sway Bar
Exhaust: AWE SwitchPath Cat-Back Exhaust with Quad Diamond Black Tips
Body: ZL1 Front and Rear Rock Guards; APR Performance Carbon Fiber Mirror Cap Replacements

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC02239

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC02179

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC02225

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC02214

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC02050

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC02034

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC02018

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC02022

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC02007

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC01703

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC01552
Sponsored

Mark & Jenn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350 Dually 2017 F150 5.0 2024 Dark Horse
Amazing photos of a spectacular car. Jealous.

S650Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Silverado, '21 Grand Cherokee L, '24 Mustang
Love the build! Your car has a similar spec to mine. I have not done any suspension mods yet, but plan to in the near future. Do you find the Steeda front and rear sway bars are worth the upgrade over the stock PP sway bars?

OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the build! Your car has a similar spec to mine. I have not done any suspension mods yet, but plan to in the near future. Do you find the Steeda front and rear sway bars are worth the upgrade over the stock PP sway bars?
I really couldn't give a good evaluation of the change from the stock sway bars to the Steeda. Other than pushing it a little while driving around town, I haven't done any type of driving yet that would allow me to tell much difference. Steeda was installing the other suspension parts already, so I went ahead and had them add the sway bars as well. Plus I had only had the car a few weeks when I swapped them out. I've been to the drag strip with the car, but haven't done any road courses or autocross yet. I'll probably head down to FIRM sometime in the next few weeks, but I really won't have a baseline to compare against since I never ran the car on the course stock. What I do like is they are adjustable, so I can always modify the settings based on how the car feels.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
After much debating on new wheels for my car, I settled on the 19" bronze Velgen VF5. I couldn't find any photos online of a Race Red S650 with the bronze 19" VF5, so I wasn't sure exactly how it would turn out, but I love the look. Thanks to @VELGEN WHEELS and @VibeMotorsports for helping me find what I was looking for. Also, I didn't interact with @Discount Tire here on Mustang7G, but I ordered the tires online from them, and the local store was great in getting them mounted quickly and without any damage to the wheels. My only slight complaint is this was my first time purchasing Nitto tires, and they had all kinds of excess rubber that sqeezed out from the mold and was not trimmed. I've bought all kinds of tires before and never had any that looked so unfinished. I spent a few hours with an Xacto knife trimming all the excess off, and they are are still not as clean as most every other tire I've ever purchased. I'm not sure if that is a normal thing for Nitto tires, or mine were an exception, but all four were pretty rough looking when I got them.

The car drives great with the new wheels and tires. No tramlining that I can detect and no difference in road noise or how smooth it drives. It definitely feels more planted with the wider tires. Overall, I am very pleased with the new wheels and tires.

Suspension/Chassis Mods: Steeda Magneride Sport Progressive Lowering Springs & Front Camber Plates; Steeda IRS Subframe Support Braces, Subframe Alignment Kit, Bushing Support System (Stop the Hop Starter Kit); Steeda Full Length Jacking Rails; Steeda Adjustable Front and Rear Sway Bar
Body: ZL1 Front and Rear Rock Guards; APR Performance Carbon Fiber Mirror Cap Replacements

DSC02239.jpg

DSC02179.jpg

DSC02225.jpg

DSC02214.jpg

DSC02050.jpg

DSC02034.jpg

DSC02018.jpg

DSC02022.jpg

DSC02007.jpg

DSC01703.jpg

DSC01552.jpg
Wow, such a beauty! Thanks so much for sharing.

Spartan 818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium

DSC02239.jpg

DSC02179.jpg

DSC02225.jpg

DSC02214.jpg

DSC02050.jpg

DSC02034.jpg

DSC02018.jpg

DSC02022.jpg

DSC02007.jpg

DSC01703.jpg

DSC01552.jpg

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC02239

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC02179

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC02225

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC02214

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC02050

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC02034

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC02018

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC02022

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC02007

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC01703

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT DSC01552
Mine is Race Red with the factory Bronze package. I love the red/bronze combo!! I’m adding bronze accents to the engine bay (bronze painted strut tower brace and bronze painted K&N Typhoon intake tubes.

S650 Mustang Bronze Velgen VF5 Installed on my Race Red S650 GT IMG_4125

OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is Race Red with the factory Bronze package. I love the red/bronze combo!! I’m adding bronze accents to the engine bay (bronze painted strut tower brace and bronze painted K&N Typhoon intake tubes.

IMG_4125.jpeg
I agree with you. I love the bronze accents with the race red!

VELGEN WHEELS

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 /DH

DSC02239.jpg

DSC02179.jpg

DSC02225.jpg

DSC02214.jpg

DSC02050.jpg

DSC02034.jpg

DSC02018.jpg

DSC02022.jpg

DSC02007.jpg

DSC01703.jpg

DSC01552.jpg
It looks really good! I'm glad you like the wheels!
Sponsored