• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

clutch line recall parts - when are they available

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
Nothing will close a recall except a repair order indicating that has been completed submitted by a Ford dealership and paid through the warranty claim system. It will stay on Oasis forever otherwise.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing will close a recall except a repair order indicating that has been completed submitted by a Ford dealership and paid through the warranty claim system. It will stay on Oasis forever otherwise.
Can they use ā€˜acceptableā€™ customer provided parts or a ford performance variant or is the only way to get it closed is for the plastic line to be replaced with another plastic line?

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I can't be sure since the entire first post consists of an incomplete sentence and a title that is somewhat question-like, but I don't think the OP was asking about aftermarket, upgrade or improvised DIY parts. As far as I know, the need for any parts at all is very unlikely and the recall said nothing about them not yet being available.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't be sure since the entire first post consists of an incomplete sentence and a title that is somewhat question-like, but I don't think the OP was asking about aftermarket, upgrade or improvised DIY parts. As far as I know, the need for any parts at all is very unlikely and the recall said nothing about them not yet being available.
While i concur I interpreted it to represent a question as a result of a dealer interaction and the inability to locate a non-back order replacement part as indicated in the recall if / when it is a fail.

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
If there is a part involved, it must be charged on the repair order at the proper price, and the correct labor time and code must be there as well. Anything thing else is warranty fraud, and a (rightly so) firing offense.
There are no "recall police", nothing says you have to do it, if you upgrade a part that has been recalled on your own, just move on. The recall will sit on OASIS forever, but who cares?
I've pointed out open recalls on time of writeup, and been told they didn't want it done for whatever reason, I add a line noting that the recall was offered and declined and that's it.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If there is a part involved, it must be charged on the repair order at the proper price, and the correct labor time and code must be there as well. Anything thing else is warranty fraud, and a (rightly so) firing offense.
There are no "recall police", nothing says you have to do it, if you upgrade a part that has been recalled on your own, just move on. The recall will sit on OASIS forever, but who cares?
I've pointed out open recalls on time of writeup, and been told they didn't want it done for whatever reason, I add a line noting that the recall was offered and declined and that's it.
Wasnā€™t inferring fraud was asking regarding part availability. In essence you are saying the only way to have the recall closed (how many folks are willing to risk the warranty due to rejecting the recall) is to have ford perform the work according to the notice and to use the ā€˜stockā€™ part, which may or may not currently be available but however upgraded parts that are questionable (should not) regarding the potential of voided warranty (same as rejecting the recall?) may or may not suffice? If itā€™s a fail the paperweight has suddenly become very heavy, especially whenā€¦.
Sponsored