• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Quad Exhaust Slip-On bigger tips?

kinelisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium (Carbonized Gray Metallic)
Hey guys, have any of you changed your quad exhaust for bigger tips? Maybe something that slides on top of the current pipes to make them look a bit bigger (Like the 4 inch counterparts).

Link: Like This
Sponsored

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Covers for $400...no thanks.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Matryoshka doll exhaust covers? I'd pass, especially for $400.

onaccountof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
- 2024 Dark Horse -
"*Drilling is required for installation."
You can see the bolts/studs sticking out the bottom of the tips.
Could be disastrous on speed bumps/driveways?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Hey guys, have any of you changed your quad exhaust for bigger tips? Maybe something that slides on top of the current pipes to make them look a bit bigger (Like the 4 inch counterparts).

Link: Like This
Not necessarily my cup of tea but i wonder if they have an option for low profile color matched bolts.

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
Given the gloss black hood extractor and tail light surround/s on my Rapid Red GT; I can't understand why Ford put chromish 5.0 emblems on the front quarter panel and chromish GT emblem on the rear deck, AND gave me polished (sort of) exhaust tips. Looked at a set of those covers in you r link.

Then; realized that strapping those covers onto onto the polished ETs would be moisture traps during inclement weather and car washing; eventually proving that even stainless does rust.

Bad idea. Just my two cents.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Why they insist on putting their brand on the tips is I suppose understandable, but also the reason I've always dismissed their products.

Sf22giants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Ford has done the double wrapped, or whatever you call that weird exhaust tube within a tube, in the past. My ‘18 explorer sport has a similar style exhaust from factory.
S650 Mustang Quad Exhaust Slip-On bigger tips? IMG_8696

That said, the CJ ones look terrible with the exposed bolts. Rust and corrosion came to mind the second I saw them. Plus, I think the exposed bolts look cheap. If there were no bolts, they might actually look decent over the stainless exhaust.