• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Question For those with Steeda lowering Springs.

ShaZadam698

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue GT
I picked up a set of Dual Rate Lowering Springs for my 24 GT, PP
and I have read conflicting reports of needing the camber plates?

Is it a must? Is it a good idea?
What's the deal?

@SteedaTech
Sponsored

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I picked up a set of Dual Rate Lowering Springs for my 24 GT, PP
and I have read conflicting reports of needing the camber plates?

Is it a must? Is it a good idea?
What's the deal?

@SteedaTech
I have a magneride PP, and I did not add the plates. I even asked the guys at project6gr and they told me if I'm not going to race it, I'd be fine.

Mechanic who aligned it said I shouldn't have any problem at all. Drives straight as an arrow so far. If at some point I start to see uneven tire, I will probably add them.

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
One of the techs did this on an employee's Mustang this weekend, and was able to align it with no issues

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
Our stance has always been that we strongly recommend camber plates on any lowered vehicle - it is because not every vehicle can get into alignment without them.

Understand that not everyone can upgrade at the time of purchase. Still, it is a safety net to ensure time/resources are saved at the time of installation & you only have to worry about one (1) alignment - meaning, if they can't get it into spec ... you don't have to do it all over again.

Best,

Tim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Race Red Premium Performance Recar
Just finished the install of these dual rates. I have a Dark Horse which has the factory adjustable plates. They will give you roughly 1.5 degrees of negative camber. That being said, I will be using Steeda plates as this will be a track car and looking for 3.5 to 4 degrees.
Sponsored