• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Alexk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 f100
Just checked im involved too great feeling after 2 weeks of ownership
Sponsored

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I happened to check my Ford Pass app today and see that a recall was issued yesterday for my car. Here is the info.

Campaign/NHTSA#
24S36/AWAITING

Issue Date
2024-06-03

Description
On your vehicle, the hydraulic clutch pressure line may not be properly retained to a locating stud on the dash panel. A line with improper retention may contact hot exhaust components and melt, leaking hydraulic fluid.

Safety Risk
A leaking clutch pressure line will not impact the volume of brake fluid in the brake system, so you will not observe an impact to brake function. However, this condition can impact the brake fluid supply in the clutch and can result in an inability to change gears. If leaked hydraulic fluid accumulates near a sufficiently hot surface, you may observe smoke and experience an under-hood fire. An under-hood fire increases the risk of injury.

Remedy
Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to inspect the clutch line free of charge. The clutch line will be located properly and in most cases that will close the recall. However, in the case the clutch line on your vehicle must be replaced, your dealer will replace the clutch line with parts available. If parts are not available andor backordered, you will be offered a rental until parts are available.

Next Steps
Contact your local dealer and schedule a maintenance appointment. To find your local dealer, use the "find a dealer" feature below.

I am currently trying to setup a service appointment.
I have less than 800 miles on my GT. I made an appointment for 6/27 for the Recall AND an oil & Filter change. I should be at 1,000 miles by then.

scainerrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I happened to check my Ford Pass app today and see that a recall was issued yesterday for my car. Here is the info.

Campaign/NHTSA#
24S36/AWAITING

Issue Date
2024-06-03

Description
On your vehicle, the hydraulic clutch pressure line may not be properly retained to a locating stud on the dash panel. A line with improper retention may contact hot exhaust components and melt, leaking hydraulic fluid.

Safety Risk
A leaking clutch pressure line will not impact the volume of brake fluid in the brake system, so you will not observe an impact to brake function. However, this condition can impact the brake fluid supply in the clutch and can result in an inability to change gears. If leaked hydraulic fluid accumulates near a sufficiently hot surface, you may observe smoke and experience an under-hood fire. An under-hood fire increases the risk of injury.

Remedy
Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to inspect the clutch line free of charge. The clutch line will be located properly and in most cases that will close the recall. However, in the case the clutch line on your vehicle must be replaced, your dealer will replace the clutch line with parts available. If parts are not available andor backordered, you will be offered a rental until parts are available.

Next Steps
Contact your local dealer and schedule a maintenance appointment. To find your local dealer, use the "find a dealer" feature below.

I am currently trying to setup a service appointment.
I have less than 800 miles on my GT. I made an appointment for 6/27 for the Recall AND an oil & Filter change. I should be at 1,000 miles by then.
My DH M6 is going to be inspected next Monday so hopefully everything is fine. I looked under the hood and ran it up on some ramps and I don't see anything touching the exhaust anywhere. Does anyone have pictures of the part to show exactly what we are supposed to be looking at ?

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Got the recall notice as well. I can’t take it in right away because I am going out of town tomorrow, but as soon as I return it’s being dropped off.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Any updates on this? Who got it looked into by ford?

Gene3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
I have oil and recall appointment for Monday 6/10 as well....

Alexk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 f100
My DH M6 is going to be inspected next Monday so hopefully everything is fine. I looked under the hood and ran it up on some ramps and I don't see anything touching the exhaust anywhere. Does anyone have pictures of the part to show exactly what we are supposed to be looking at ?
id assume its this clip here not being installed on the line
S650 Mustang Recall 24S36 - Leaking Hydraulic Clutch Pressure Line IMG_3620

scainerrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
id assume its this clip here not being installed on the line
IMG_3620.jpeg
Did you take that picture looking under the hood or underneath the car? I seen something similar to this when I looked in the engine bay on my DH. The one I saw was on the firewall of the car. Thank you for the picture.

Alexk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 f100
Its on the fire wall the recall states a dash post if you follow the hydraulic line thats the only clip that will keep it off of the drivers side manifold

scainerrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Its on the fire wall the recall states a dash post if you follow the hydraulic line thats the only clip that will keep it off of the drivers side manifold
That's what I was thinking as well when I looked at my car.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Had a look under the hood. The recall says behind the dash.
I did see one retainer for the clutch hose. It's a plastic retainer at the end of a stud.
It's holding at the tip of the stud.
I was able to squeeze my arm down there but can't push it further on the post. Looks secure though.

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Convertible
Had a look under the hood. The recall says behind the dash.
I did see one retainer for the clutch hose. It's a plastic retainer at the end of a stud.
It's holding at the tip of the stud.
I was able to squeeze my arm down there but can't push it further on the post. Looks secure though.
Yeah, I'm in the club too. I have an appointment for Monday, but if that picture is what we need to look at, I may just check mine and cancel if all is good. Ford said they would need my car all day because their tech is too busy right now.

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Convertible
I just checked, mine is secured to the firewall just as in the photos above. I'm cancelling that "all day" appointment to do what took me 15 seconds to do. I'll have them "check it" next oil change while it's there just to clear the recall.