• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Roush - You there?

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
What's up with Roush these days? The S650 has been out for a year now and Roush hasn't put out any S650 specific parts from what I can tell. I saw they recently posted a teaser for a blower, but will it really be theirs or another rebadged Whipple kit? (pic of my Roush bumper s550 for attention)

S650 Mustang Roush - You there? 117557809_10159224469988488_1547520812870026592_n
Sponsored

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
They are supposed to announce something in July.
Frankly day late and a dollar short.

we live in the instant gratification world now, they’ve made themselves irrelevant rather quickly, saleen as well.

they needed to be hyping products LAST July for when cars were beginning to rollout.

OP
OP
93-Oct Mayne

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
They are supposed to announce something in July.
Frankly day late and a dollar short.

we live in the instant gratification world now, they’ve made themselves irrelevant rather quickly, saleen as well.

they needed to be hyping products LAST July for when cars were beginning to rollout.
They seem to have decided they don't want money. It's a shame because they've made some good stuff in the past, but how hard is it to update the flange on their active exhaust to work on the 24s or at least put out some heat extractors.

I'm thinking they want to wait and launch a full roush model, but honestly nobody cares about that.

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
I can tell you that their dealer support is almost nonexistent... we did not renew as a Roush dealer for that reason. I'd always been a big supporter in the past.

jmstang66

Performance Media Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I live near a pretty large Roush dealer (at least used to be) here in NC and it seems they've mostly been advertising and jumping on the RTR bandwagon...asked my friend who's the manager what was up with a Roush S650 and all I got was crickets.

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
They seem to have decided they don't want money. It's a shame because they've made some good stuff in the past, but how hard is it to update the flange on their active exhaust to work on the 24s or at least put out some heat extractors.

I'm thinking they want to wait and launch a full roush model, but honestly nobody cares about that.
It's a good thing that Roush Performance (https://www.roushperformance.com/), let alone the Mustang, is only a small part of Roush Enterprises (https://www.roush.com/).

OP
OP
93-Oct Mayne

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It's a good thing that Roush Performance (https://www.roushperformance.com/), let alone the Mustang, is only a small part of Roush Enterprises (https://www.roush.com/).
It's a nicely designed website, but at close look it's a lot of stock images and filler language with very few stats and specifics. Looks like they offer a lot of consulting services, but that's not really a stable industry, especially right now given market conditions particularly in the auto industry. High interest rates means lower investment in growth (I work for one of the big 4). Stable core products provide steady cash flows. No reason why they can't be making the money that RTR is bringing in.

Edit: They do more than consult so Roush is prob doing fine, but roushperformance is slacking

Last edited:

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
It's a nicely designed website, but at close look it's a lot of stock images and filler language with very few stats and specifics. Looks like they offer a lot of consulting services, but that's not really a stable industry, especially right now given market conditions particularly in the auto industry. High interest rates means lower investment in growth (I work for one of the big 4). Stable core products provide steady cash flows. No reason why they can't be making the money that RTR is bringing in.
No doubt cash flow from the Mustang is nice...I'm just saying that it is a small part of Roush's operation. I personally have liked what they offered in previous gens and look forward to see what they drop in the future. This new blower (looks like TVS/ Magnuson) should be welcomed competition if it in fact is a different setup than a re-badged Whipple. Do I think they are late to the show...not really as everyone is slow to the new product release for the 2024s. Just like the others, Roush updated their previous inventory to show what is already compatible with the 2024. Now it is time to start producing 2024+ specific items.
Yeah, they do consulting... as well as engineering, Aviation/ aeronautics, prototyping, manufacturing, and creative design. Roush is pretty big overall. They have something like 30+ locations/ campuses for which each of their services is performed.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150

Edit: They do more than consult so Roush is prob doing fine, but roushperformance is slacking
I prefer the RTR specs these days anyway. The Saleen looks nice, but I like the way the RTR preserves a good bit of the factory appearance. Roush....when was the last time they released one of their Stage 1, 2, or 3 kits?

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
W had some Stage 1 and Stage 3 cars from them, never aw a Stage 2 car ever. The Roush F-150's sold big for us for a while.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ford locking these things up made them DOA.

I love mine. I can say that with full conviction. But I can also say that they badly need the ability to be tuned and run straight e85.

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT, Carbonized Gray
I'm surprised they are taking this long, they probably have the closest relationship with Ford; I wonder what the hold up is. Heck, even the financially unstable Saleen was able to push out something.... 😅
Sponsored