• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Thoughts on synthetic blend vs full synthetic engine oil?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
You'd like to prove this how?
It's like gravity - everyone who has been around internal combustion engines knows this.

Is this like the "don't change your automatic transmission fluid because you're just going to loosen stuff up and ruin the transmission"?
I warned you about opening your mouth and proving your foolishness.

Unlike your engine, an automatic transmission is a sealed system. Nothing gets in and out, and there is no combustion taking place.

Again, I ask: Is yours genetic trait or a learned behavior?

You're just babbling about theories that have nothing to do with an S650 Mustang.
Your level of incompetence knows no bounds. Knowlege is fast, but you seem to consistently outrun it.

How many engines have you 'flushed' and then had a leak start?
Plenty. I've been working on ICEs for well over four decades.
Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
It's like gravity - everyone who has been around internal combustion engines knows this.

I warned you about opening your mouth and proving your foolishness.

Unlike your engine, an automatic transmission is a sealed system. Nothing gets in and out, and there is no combustion taking place.

Again, I ask: Is yours genetic trait or a learned behavior?

Your level of incompetence knows no bounds. Knowlege is fast, but you seem to consistently outrun it.

Plenty. I've been working on ICEs for well over four decades.
So nothing except weak insults. High-five.

FarNorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Well, to add fuel to this discussion; I don’t change my oil at the 1000 as you all seem to do, I don’t believe it breaks in properly at an early change like that, I just change the filter at 5000kms and run the oil to 10,000kms. Full break In: driving nice, varying the speed and topping up. I use synthetic blend always from a major brand usually Pennzoil.
I’ve done this my entire life on cars I’ve owned and never had an issue.

I also use Rotella Diesel oil in my Honda Goldwing as it has a wet clutch. Never had an issue there either. After 140,000kms it still doesn’t burn oil or smoke and continues to run great.

Some think I’m weird. For me this always works.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, to add fuel to this discussion; I don’t change my oil at the 1000 as you all seem to do, I don’t believe it breaks in properly at an early change like that, I just change the filter at 5000kms and run the oil to 10,000kms. Full break In: driving nice, varying the speed and topping up. I use synthetic blend always from a major brand usually Pennzoil.
I’ve done this my entire life on cars I’ve owned and never had an issue.

I also use Rotella Diesel oil in my Honda Goldwing as it has a wet clutch. Never had an issue there either. After 140,000kms it still doesn’t burn oil or smoke and continues to run great.

Some think I’m weird. For me this always works.
Honestly, I find nothing wrong with your approach. While I did the first oil change for *this* engine at 1,600 miles, I've had a dozen and a half new vehicles in the past couple of decades alone, and most of them I've simply done the first oil change at the normal interval (IOLM followed). I, too, have had zero oil related issues in any of my vehicles.

On the cycle: Ran the Rotella T6 in most, if not all, of my motorcycles over the years. Just about everybody I rode with did the same.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
On the cycle: Ran the Rotella T6 in most, if not all, of my motorcycles over the years. Just about everybody I rode with did the same.
Syn3 for me.

FarNorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Honestly, I find nothing wrong with your approach. While I did the first oil change for *this* engine at 1,600 miles, I've had a dozen and a half new vehicles in the past couple of decades alone, and most of them I've simply done the first oil change at the normal interval (IOLM followed). I, too, have had zero oil related issues in any of my vehicles.

Everyone I know uses very expensive oil, maybe I’m just cheap but when a cheaper solution works why not save a few bucks. It seems to me that folks paying big bucks for premium oil are just saving the vehicle for the next owner as most people trade up in 4 to 5 years. It’s like computers, if it’s more than 4 years old it’s obsolete.
There are some that keep their vehicles for eons, then I can see using a better oil. In 4 years I will want a new Pony…. as long as it ain’t electric.🥹
Sponsored