• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Top will not go up

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
My 24GT Convertible is was delivered 11/9. After 11/30 stored it for the winter. Brought it out of storage end of March. Have had the top up and down many times this spring—no issues. Pulled out of the garage this morning to meet some friends for breakfast, little cool, so went to put the top up—nothing. Scheduled an appointment with my dealer for the 1st projected non rain day 6/24. Anyone else had this issue?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
My 24GT Convertible is was delivered 11/9. After 11/30 stored it for the winter. Brought it out of storage end of March. Have had the top up and down many times this spring—no issues. Pulled out of the garage this morning to meet some friends for breakfast, little cool, so went to put the top up—nothing. Scheduled an appointment with my dealer for the 1st projected non rain day 6/24. Anyone else had this issue?
Hi there! I can look into your mustang's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your mustang's VIN?

Pmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I have not had this issue. Maybe there are fuses to check related to the top motors?

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I have not had this issue. Maybe there are fuses to check related to the top motors?
That would be my guess as well.

OP
OP
jamespmoran

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
Problem solved. Put my windows up, then down, then up again. Hit the top up switch, windows went down, and top came up. Put windows back up, hit top down switch, windows went down and top went down. Kept windows down, hit top up switch, and top came up. Can only assume one of the windows was not registering up or down on its sensors.

rockman 2738

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Titanium
I have not had that problem but on three occasions while raising the top it appeared to get stuck and stopped moving. The last section was just unfolding. After releasing the button and hitting it again it came up. It was at the same point of the cycle all three times. I have had the car since the end of October last year. I have cycled it frequently. Any time it's over 55 the top goes down. I live in the Las Vegas area so there is a lot of top-down weather.

BobU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Problem solved. Put my windows up, then down, then up again. Hit the top up switch, windows went down, and top came up. Put windows back up, hit top down switch, windows went down and top went down. Kept windows down, hit top up switch, and top came up. Can only assume one of the windows was not registering up or down on its sensors.
Had the same problem earlier in the week. Got back a drive and the top would not go up. Started to look up the fuse diagram then remembered that the first thing that happens is that the window go down when you hit the switch. That would give me an indication that there is power to the switch and the switch contacts were working. Rolled up the windows and hit the switch. The windows went down and the top closed normally. Must have been a window out of sequence or a software glitch.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways, 50th wh
Glad to hear of your resolution. If any of you use the tonneau covers, they will also shut down the top until they are removed.

CVCashmere
Sponsored