• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Weird things happen in my Mustang

FarNorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
I have set up my pony as: steering = comfort, driving = normal and exhaust = sport saved it as #1
BUT, next time I drive I find these may have changed. I’ve seen exhaust becomes track, or steering becomes normal things like that. Am I missing something in the setup?
Sponsored

DontHitMeSafetyYellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
It’s just bugs in the software. Personally I have to manually change it back to my preferred mode every time I drive even though it’s supposed to be tied to my key fob.

Ford has always had issues with the sync software. This is a new generation software base for them and it’ll take a while For them to work out the bugs. It was the same way with my 2011 explorer which was the first with that generation of sync.

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
Mine forgets also.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I have set up my pony as: steering = comfort, driving = normal and exhaust = sport saved it as #1
BUT, next time I drive I find these may have changed. I’ve seen exhaust becomes track, or steering becomes normal things like that. Am I missing something in the setup?
I have similar problems with my Easy Entry/Exit option. Sometimes it works. Most times it does not. Many times it doesn't go far enough forward (Entry) or back (Exit). Even button 1 doesn't get it right.

mks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse (Grabber Blue)
So far, most of my settings remain resident save the shift light. Coincidentally, if AA fails, the next time I start the car, the shift light setting reverts to the default.

I have noticed that my XM stations sometimes like to erase themselves.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Gremlins??

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
How to get a shift light?

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It's not a bug. The car reverts to a default state when starting up. There is nothing you can do to to get it to start up in a custom mode unfortunately.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
It’s just bugs in the software. Personally I have to manually change it back to my preferred mode every time I drive even though it’s supposed to be tied to my key fob.

Ford has always had issues with the sync software. This is a new generation software base for them and it’ll take a while For them to work out the bugs. It was the same way with my 2011 explorer which was the first with that generation of sync.
Just FYI, key is not linked to a default driver profile. It will always start in Normal mode

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Custom mode, apparently not so custom. Hopefully one of those over the air updates may change that. I suppose the re-set is probably to prevent auto-stop/start override and such; probably an emissions violation, thus poisoning the whole customization approach in order to avoid a violation.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Sync 4 is an upgrade to Sync 3 which came out in 2016. Sync 2 was certainly problematic but Sync 3 has been fairly stable over the years. The software base for Sync3/4 is the same.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Last edited: