• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024+ Mustang GT Air Intake Filters

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
If true; ditching the oil, improving filtration, while maintaining OEM or greater flow is awesome!Tracking this thread,

Will you be offering them for more than just 2024 Mustangs?
Sponsored

Sf22giants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I am interested to give your filters a try. I am still running factory paper filters. I don't see any real downside to trying yours, once you make them available.

OP
OP
Mastermind46

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
If true; ditching the oil, improving filtration, while maintaining OEM or greater flow is awesome!Tracking this thread,

Will you be offering them for more than just 2024 Mustangs?
Possibly. The material is far more expensive than a typical air filter so the cost will always be much higher than other options which will limit buyers quite a bit.

Do you have a specific application in mind?

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
No. I have a number of friends who might have been interested if it was going to develop into a product line.

I'm still interested for my GT though! Thanks for your response!

OP
OP
Mastermind46

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just approved the final prototype for production!! Looks like we should have products available for sale by the end of July. This process has taken a lot longer than expected but these things are almost ready for sale. I will be making these available for purchase on the website once I have a delivery date.
https://thinkautotech.com/

Reactions: JAL

FarNorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
I stuck on the K&N, (only thing I could find) better throttle response. I’ve used them for years never had a MAF or any other issue with them.

Hasler74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang GT
I had a question about the product. Your website says filter kit so will that be both filters or just one?

OP
OP
Mastermind46

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a question about the product. Your website says filter kit so will that be both filters or just one?
It will be both filters and clamps. The first 50 kits will be $150 but the price will increase after those are sold.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Who is producing your filters? They look EXACTLY like the Desertcraft dry filters we use on our SXS. A small company has Desertcraft build them to thier specs for our specific model of SXS.

OP
OP
Mastermind46

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Mastermind46

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who is producing your filters? They look EXACTLY like the Desertcraft dry filters we use on our SXS. A small company has Desertcraft build them to thier specs for our specific model of SXS.
I don’t think it is the same manufacturer but dedicated off road filters are likely similar due to being exposed to so much more fine particles. Their test particle sizes are in the range these were tested against.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I don’t think it is the same manufacturer but dedicated off road filters are likely similar due to being exposed to so much more fine particles. Their test particle sizes are in the range these were tested against.
It literally looks EXACTLY like the Desertcraft filters.

Clearly, on-road vehicles aren't operating in the same dusty, dirty environments as SXS are, but the Desertcraft filter would be an absolute NO GO on my SXS if it was the primary (main) air filter.

We actually use them as pre-filters, installed BEFORE the OEM filters in the main airbox.

Not only that, but we run a Filterwears cover over the top of the Desertcraft filter -- almost like having three air filters!

The problem is: Unless you clean these Desertcraft filters VERY regularly (every 100-150 miles) using a water hose and either Simple Green, Dawn, or something like that, the filter WILL get overloaded and let fine particles to pass from the pre-filter to the dirty side of the OEM airbox.

If you clean it regularly, you can keep the dirty side of the airbox (and your OEM filter looking brand new) for 10,000 miles or more. But if you don't, here's what the inside of the airbox and the OEM airbox filter look like:

S650 Mustang 2024+ Mustang GT Air Intake Filters 2024-06-29 21.18.19
S650 Mustang 2024+ Mustang GT Air Intake Filters 2024-06-29 21.18.30

IMHO, the main problem with dry reuseable filters is that they don't filter well if not maintained on a VERY regular basis, depending upon your operating environment.

Here's the Desertcraft (new):

S650 Mustang 2024+ Mustang GT Air Intake Filters 1720120093020-6
Sponsored