• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang Scheduling This Week (5/16/24) for Production Weeks 7/1 - 7/29

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
WoW … I found a few near me I’m going to reach out, I am very well versed in dealership lies, (as most of you all are) so it comes as no surprise to me what’s going on. I’m actually here at this point cause the DH I spec’ed and ordered was cancelled with NO EXPLANATION… ordered it in March 2023 🙄. Never built, cancelled the order with no explanation. 🤷‍♂️
See here:

1718458042892-48.jpg
how did you get notice of the cancellation? from Ford or the dealer? e-mail or phone?
Sponsored

Neggytive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Prem. convert. 401A 10 speed auto
Ordered GT Premium 4/17, told by dealer 3 months to get the car.

Got an order confirmation, and 45 days later the no more than 45 days between updates email from Ford saying my status was still the same

No build date, no VIN.

Called the dealer Wednesday and went roundy round with them, I did't get a good feeling about when I would get my car, and I need to get it in order to put some break in miles on it before I move it to Florida. I was really hoping to get enough miles on it to shake out any bugs and do a Ford Performance Whipple install before I moved it to its permanent home.

I have been looking to see what is in retail inventory within 100 miles of me in NH or MA

3 stage red, 401A, 10 speed, spare tire were the must haves

A Torsen 3.55 would have been nice but not a deal breaker, I can always put a set od 3.55's in it at a future date but it won't be as beefy as the Torsen

Last weekend there were 3 cars within 100 miles that would fit the bill

By Wednesday there were only 2, and one was 90 miles away

The second one was at a dealer I have a pretty good relationship with from my days as a body shop owner and later as an Insurance Appraiser. Plus I have bought a bunch of cars from them in the past.

Oh and it is 30 minutes from home

That makes it easy since I am registering ant titling in a neighboring state

So I called up and asked for a salesman I knew, it turns out he retired.

Asked the sales guy if he had a certain stock number and if they would sell it on X plan.

The only downside, and it is debatable if this is a downside, is it is a Job 1 car ( no start stop BS and it has been on the lot 5 months.

Went down, sat in the car, opened the roof and hood, done deal, X plan plus a $175 doc fee.

Wrote them a check, went back Friday afternoon and picked up the Certificate of Origin and a bill of sale. Going to town hall Monday morning to put the plates off my 07 GT Premium ragtop on the new car and then I'll pick it up.

They offered to deliver it for me, but I really don't some lot boy driving my car on the highway or anywhere else for that matter.... I know what I did to the Mercury Capri 5.0's we had at the dealership I worked for so I told them I would come get it.

I did get my $1000 deposit back from the other dealer with just an email to them.

If I had a car on order, especially a car with the 3 stage paint, ragtop, Dark Horse or any high end options I would not be holding my breath to get a VIN or production date, IMHO Flat Rock is working at a snails pace, and rumor has it 5.0 motors are in short supply.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, PP, A10
how did you get notice of the cancellation? from Ford or the dealer? e-mail or phone?
I never got a notice until it had gone on so long I gave up - and went down to order a GT and the salesman said, Oh BTW your DH order was cancelled- Dah…!!!

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, PP, A10
So in regards to this order this is what I was just told read: and my question to anyone that might know is when is the next scheduled production week …???

Ford Chat with us

I appreciate your patience, and congratulations on your new purchase! It does look like this order is valid and entered into the Ford Ordering System. Your order is ready to go into production on the next available production week. At this time I'm not seeing a production week has been secured, but once it does this is generally when a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) will be available. You're more than welcome to check periodically with us, or the selling dealer to see if there's an update on that. Once you do have a VIN you will be able to track your order here: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/.

Vanessa - 5:34 PM

Is there a reason there's no production week - is the plant shutting down or something

5:35 PM - Sent

I wish I had a different answer for you, but this department can only view and provide the information showing on the status updates.

Besides your selling Ford dealership, another great point of contact for order information is our Marketing Program Headquarters (MPH) at 1-800-334-4375 and their hours are 8:00AM-
8:00PM EST (Monday-Friday).

PonyExpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT/LE, 2022 Bronco OB
I’m hoping it’s 7/22 now - I was no sooner scheduled then bumped to w/o 7/22.
Well, my DH build was bumped again, now scheduled for the w/o 8/5. Watch your order tracker!

PonyExpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT/LE, 2022 Bronco OB
Well, my DH build was bumped again, now scheduled for the w/o 8/5. Watch your order tracker!
UPDATE: Despite still being listed for production the week of 8/5, as of 6/27 my DH has moved to Production on the tracker. With FRAP dark the next two weeks, anyone have an idea of what might be going on? Can’t complain if it went early but this seems odd.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SLC
Frap is shut for the next Five weeks not two. Check your window sticker for blend date

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, PP, A10
Frap is shut for the next Five weeks not two. Check your window sticker for blend date
OMG 😱 - I am so glad I cancelled and found one on a lot. Anybody hoping to get in on the low interest rates offered by Ford Credit can forget that … 🙄 Furthermore the DH build I had that got cancelled by Ford was a build around $73K.

Between, what I just paid for my GT, a set of Kooks LT’s, full cat back Corsa active, Whipple stage 1, Nitto at all 4 corners and new 20 inch wheels - the damage at the end will be $74K

Ah- I think that was a smart move
Sponsored