• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Automatic Shift Knobs

Radiant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ecoboost Convertible (ordered), '18 Ecoboost
With all due respect, unless you speak with everyone who has made these changes, "what's obviously going on" is nothing more than an assumption on your part.

And even if it was the case: Why does it seem to matter to you what others do with thier vehicles? You don't have to drive it, pay for it, or look at it, right?
Agreed. It's one of two things I've found glaring in person:
  • Plastic automatic shifter looks odd in Premium interior.
  • White dot ventilation holes on the black leather (401A) give me trypophobia.
Sponsored

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
... Trust me- Iā€™m all for customizing your car but when people are removing the PRNDM, that is clearly an attempt at making an auto look like a manual. ...
i dont think its really fair to group everyone into one category of "manual wannabe" for removing the "PRNDM/L" from the shifter boot. sure, some people are like that, but some may just want the clean look without it, or maybe someone wanted to get a manual but couldn't due to some sort of medical situation and still wants the look

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe you didnā€™t but clearly many are-that is a fact. Trust me- Iā€™m all for customizing your car but when people are removing the PRNDM, that is clearly an attempt at making an auto look like a manual. You are talking about weight and feel-that is what a manual owner talks about. An auto owner might put it in reverse then itā€™s into Drive then Park- thatā€™s 3 shifts for that whole trip. A manual owner will shift dozens and dozens and dozens of times per trip where weight and feel do make a difference.

Iā€™m glad you like your new shift knob- Iā€™m just pointing out what is obviously going on here in many cases.
I haven't read one post saying they changed the knob out just to make it look like a manual...that is a fact.

OP
OP

Rip Actual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Grabber Blue
If I wanted a manual I would of got a manual, I changed mine out to have a more premium feeling and look for the price I paid for the car. I think its all about us wanting to make the car look how we want.

10basscat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
With all due respect, unless you speak with everyone who has made these changes, "what's obviously going on" is nothing more than an assumption on your part.

And even if it was the case: Why does it seem to matter to you what others do with thier vehicles? You don't have to drive it, pay for it, or look at it, right?
It doesnā€™t to me,
If I wanted a manual I would of got a manual, I changed mine out to have a more premium feeling and look for the price I paid for the car. I think its all about us wanting to make the car look how we want.
I completely understand that. This whole thing started because someone was told to have some respect just because they had a differing opinion. (Iā€™ll admit their choice of words werenā€™t the best though). I was just stating I thought it was strange to try to make an auto look like a manual. I clearly struck a nerve with some-that was not my intent and I apologize. We should all be able to voice our opinions-that is all I was trying to say.

OP
OP

Rip Actual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It doesnā€™t to me,

I completely understand that. This whole thing started because someone was told to have some respect just because they had a differing opinion. (Iā€™ll admit their choice of words werenā€™t the best though). I was just stating I thought it was strange to try to make an auto look like a manual. I clearly struck a nerve with some-that was not my intent and I apologize. We should all be able to voice our opinions-that is all I was trying to say.
Yes but your opinion is we are trying to make our cars look like something when we are telling you that we didn't change it out to look like a manual?

There is having an opinion but there is also you assuming, we didnt do any of this to make our cars look manual. We did this to our cars to upgrade the look and also a clean look. PRNDM doesn't light up doesn't serve any real purpose so why not improve the interior look of the car you own.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EcoBoost (101A)
Off topic (maybe), but are there any other places besides billetworkz that sell shift knob hoodies? I had no idea those were actually a thing until today and they look adorable.

OP
OP

Rip Actual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off topic (maybe), but are there any other places besides billetworkz that sell shift knob hoodies? I had no idea those were actually a thing until today and they look adorable.
I think you can find them anywhere but I can't speak on the quality of ones purchased from other places.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Amazon, of course, they have everything. šŸ˜

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes but your opinion is we are trying to make our cars look like something when we are telling you that we didn't change it out to look like a manual?

There is having an opinion but there is also you assuming, we didnt do any of this to make our cars look manual. We did this to our cars to upgrade the look and also a clean look. PRNDM doesn't light up doesn't serve any real purpose so why not improve the interior look of the car you own.
@10basscat did apologize in Post #156 above, so AFAIC, I'm cutting him some slack.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL. Probably.

I always keep a larger microfiber cloth in the door pocket to wipe off dirt from the sill plate area (I'm a left leg amputee), so I just draped it across the shift knob this AM. We'll see if that kept it from getting very hot today (it's 90F out there right now).

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Whoā€™s saying my name šŸ‘€
Why does this trash thread have 11 pages of responses? Why canā€™t we put this much effort into finding out forscan tricks or anything actually worth having a discussion about.

Mods shouldā€™ve locked this one up a while ago, now itā€™s just a dick measuring contest about whoā€™s manlier cause they have a 3rd pedal. Sincerely signed, stock shifter 10 speed gang
Sponsored