• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Automatic Shift Knobs

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
I finally got mine installed... had a few hiccups before I could install it...

FIRST - DISCLAIMER: The Fusion knob as ordered WILL NOT look like my finished install!(pic 3)... it will look like this.

Silly me, thinking that the photos on the product page (Fusion Knob for Mustang auto) were an accurate representation of the product I was about to spend hundreds of dollars on! I was disappointed upon arrival to see this:

S650 Mustang Automatic Shift Knobs 20240614_114811

when I was expecting this:

S650 Mustang Automatic Shift Knobs From website

E-mailed to see if there was some mistake but was informed that the pictures on the product page are from another application. I was also told by customer service that it could not be done that way (pic 2), as the lockout would not work... I had to wonder if they knew anything at all about it, and informed them that the lockout direction is DOWN, so it will work fine. Somehow in the email chain (not sure if someone else jumped in) I was requested to send picks of what I had received, as If something were missing. I had to state that: "Yes, all of the parts to assemble it are here, but it does not meet my expectations, and could it be changed?" (at my expense). I was told "I don't think so" and the email chain would be forwarded to the owner, but to be patient as he spends his time designing products not answering e-mails. The e-mail conversation went on for a couple days, and I gave it a couple more days to see if I would get any reply... nope, customer service just gave me the brush off. In the meantime, I looked at more of their website than just what I wanted to purchase. I discovered that the Fusion knob is made in three pieces and the leather (or Alcantara) section can be purchased for replacement. Once disassembled, it is very easy to chuck it up or clamp it to do the additional machine work I needed to look the way I wanted... much easier than trying to clamp a (leather covered) sphere with the hole indexed properly. So, I got to work on it and made it "right".

I will say the quality is top notch... the adapter seems to work well and is easy to install... no springs or screws to drop in the console. Love a solid knob, as opposed to the ones where you push down on the entire thing. Thanks to @roadpilot for tips on the rear clip and not getting the shifter too far down. I decided not to do the manual shift boot... although the painted on letters are all but useless, it would likely drive my wife nuts (maybe fun?), and eventually some moron at a service place will try to put it "in gear" and break something... the new lockout may be confusing enough.

S650 Mustang Automatic Shift Knobs 1000008508

ShaZadam698

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue GT
Soo happy with the results!!

Bullitworks Titanium Shift knob and the Manual Shift boot/trim
S650 Mustang Automatic Shift Knobs 1000003247

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soo happy with the results!!

Here is stock for reference..
View attachment 581084

Now with Bullitworks Titanium Shiftknob and the Manual Shiftboot/trim
1000003247.jpg
Looks great! I have the titanium sphere as well and am awaiting the manual trim piece with the indigo blue stitching (national back order).

ShaZadam698

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue GT
The trim piece really brings it to another level of clean

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Looks great! I have the titanium sphere as well and am awaiting the manual trim piece with the indigo blue stitching (national back order).
Glad to see you came around to the cost being worth it. 😁

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to see you came around to the cost being worth it. 😁
Yea, yea, yea ... shaddduppp!!! :shock: :giggle: :cwl::cwl::cwl:

Yea, it does look cleaner. I just wish the one with the indigo blue stitching wasn't on national back order with no ETA. I'll survive ... I do want it to match.

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
That manual boot sure is a clean look... may change my mind on that...

Don't know if we needed the "before" picture... we're all pretty familiar with that, lol.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 GT Vert, 21 Bronco Badlands, 24 Dark Horse
I just installed mine. Torched titanium. Used the auto boot because. The manual is on back order.
S650 Mustang Automatic Shift Knobs IMG_1442

I did manage to get the boot off the first time with out breaking the back clip slot, but I had the shifter too low and had to remove it again and cracked the slot. Everything is still solid I don’t think there will be any issues.
Sponsored