• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Automatic Shift Knobs

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 GT Vert, 21 Bronco Badlands, 24 Dark Horse
Where is everyone finding the Bezel? I order the one with the indigo stitching for my DH from Village but got the backorder email today?
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Where is everyone finding the Bezel? I order the one with the indigo stitching for my DH from Village but got the backorder email today?
It's on national backorder with no ETA. See my recent post.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Got this update from VarsityFordParts.com today:

As of 6-05 FORD has part PR3Z-7277-FA on a National Back order with a No Release date. Notes state, "Supplier Issue". There are No FORD Dealerships in the Nation showing to have this.
You can always order PR3Z-7277-AA (Black Stitch) and no one will else but you and other DH owners will notice it doesn't have the blue thread. It's only on the back side anyway, lol.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can always order PR3Z-7277-AA (Black Stitch) and no one will else but you and other DH owners will notice it doesn't have the blue thread. It's only on the back side anyway, lol.
My OCD will know.

OP
OP

Rip Actual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Grabber Blue
Yea I am trying to find the dark horse parts for the door handles I hate the chrome they left inside like roadpilot people may not know the difference but I would.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Yea I am trying to find the dark horse parts for the door handles I hate the chrome they left inside like roadpilot people may not know the difference but I would.
Inside handle lvl 6 w/ memory, left side, PR3Z-6322601-DB. Right side, PR3Z-6322600-CA. Grip handle, left side, PR3Z-6322635-BA, right side, PR3Z-6322634-BA. Like you, I don't like the satin so I'm ordering these. Waiting on my counter guy to verify color on the handles. They want a VIN # to match up to, which of course I don't have. 😁
I'm going to try to find a DH on a lot and get a VIN from the window sticker, lol

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inside handle lvl 6 w/ memory, left side, PR3Z-6322601-DB. Right side, PR3Z-6322600-CA. Grip handle, left side, PR3Z-6322635-BA, right side, PR3Z-6322634-BA. Like you, I don't like the satin so I'm ordering these. Waiting on my counter guy to verify color on the handles. They want a VIN # to match up to, which of course I don't have. 😁
I'm going to try to find a DH on a lot and get a VIN from the window sticker, lol
I'll PM you my VIN if that's all you need.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

10basscat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Have some respect
it’s not being disrespectful-a lot of people agree with him. It’s just an opinion/observation which has nothing to do with respect. We’re all allowed to have our opinions. I also think it’s very strange to try and make your auto shifter look like a manual…

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it’s not being disrespectful-a lot of people agree with him. It’s just an opinion/observation which has nothing to do with respect. We’re all allowed to have our opinions.
You can have an alternative opinion without using the word 'stupid'. But, hey, that's how some generations roll in 2024, right? Doesn't matter to me, though. If I thought your opinion was stupid, I'd tell you your opinion was stupid. As long as you're not calling someone stupid, no big deal.

I also think it’s very strange to try and make your auto shifter look like a manual…
I didn't change mine to make it look like a manual. One, I didn't like the feel of the OEM shifter - it felt light, cheap, and plasticy. Two, I hated the lever/button on TOP - it, too, looked cheap and hokey. These aftermarket shift knobs and adapters are heavier, which is a much preferred feel to the light, cheap plastic OEM shifter, and most of these look better IMHO.

10basscat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Maybe you didn’t but clearly many are-that is a fact. Trust me- I’m all for customizing your car but when people are removing the PRNDM, that is clearly an attempt at making an auto look like a manual. You are talking about weight and feel-that is what a manual owner talks about. An auto owner might put it in reverse then it’s into Drive then Park- that’s 3 shifts for that whole trip. A manual owner will shift dozens and dozens and dozens of times per trip where weight and feel do make a difference.

I’m glad you like your new shift knob- I’m just pointing out what is obviously going on here in many cases.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe you didn’t but clearly many are-that is a fact. Trust me- I’m all for customizing your car but when people are removing the PRNDM, that is clearly an attempt at making an auto look like a manual. You are talking about weight and feel-that is what a manual owner talks about. An auto owner might put it in reverse then it’s into Drive then Park- that’s 3 shifts for that whole trip. A manual owner will shift dozens and dozens and dozens of times per trip where weight and feel do make a difference.

I’m glad you like your new shift knob- I’m just pointing out what is obviously going on here in many cases.
With all due respect, unless you speak with everyone who has made these changes, "what's obviously going on" is nothing more than an assumption on your part.

And even if it was the case: Why does it seem to matter to you what others do with thier vehicles? You don't have to drive it, pay for it, or look at it, right?
Sponsored