• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

B12BA-15 and B1405-13 codes

Neggytive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Prem. convert. 401A 10 speed auto
And this is why our daily drivers and last 6 cars have been Toyotas....

2024 GT Premium ragtop, I have not even put enough miles on it to need a second tank of gas yet, I'm still burning off what was in the car when it was delivered....

Taking Mrs Neg out to lunch Wednesday and the airbag light comes on

Won't reset after cycling the car

Took it to work yesterday, my Snap On Scanner has the latest software (24.2) but not everything to peek around in the computer, but it can pull the codes.

One is for a LED on the drivers door showing lock status, the second code is for the drivers side curtain airbag deployment module being wonky.

So off to the dealer it goes, the Monday after the 4th of July.

They said they could look at it on 7/3, but who the heck is going to be wanting to do this on the day before the holiday and if they get it apart and it needs a part it is going to sit waiting for it, so I'll drive it and give it to them on Monday 7/8 and hopefully I'll have it back for the weekend

S650 Mustang B12BA-15 and B1405-13 codes IMG_20240627_110914201

S650 Mustang B12BA-15 and B1405-13 codes IMG_20240627_110934453_HDR
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Won't reset after cycling the car
By cycling do you mean power off power on or disconnecting neg lead from the battery for 30-90 seconds?

OP
OP
Neggytive

Neggytive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
key off key on,

I didn't want to have to do a relearn of the computer by pulling the cable, besides I have the scan tool so I can clear any codes that way

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
key off key on,

I didn't want to have to do a relearn of the computer by pulling the cable, besides I have the scan tool so I can clear any codes that way
Understood re relearn but then again how much learning had it really done thus far? There have been some interesting electrical anomalies reported at various times for newly ā€˜activatedā€™ vehicles. Iā€™d be tempted to read what you have, reset and reboot (via disconnect the neg lead) and then lock and battery charge for 24 hours undisturbed. If it clears it saves the dreaded visit if it donā€™t well it was worth a shot and the same amount of time passed while awaiting the appointment.

OP
OP
Neggytive

Neggytive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
since I have a $3000 scan tool and the ability to clear stored and current codes, I chose to do what us professionals do and record the codes, erase, then see if they come back on

And it did come back, but after I had the roof down the code light went off, so if I go back in it is going to show as a stored code not an active one.

not knowing if having the roof down stops the deployment of the seat side airbags, I am going to leave it to someone who has access to Fords diagnostic trees to figure out if it is a glitch or a problem.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
since I have a $3000 scan tool and the ability to clear stored and current codes, I chose to do what us professionals do and record the codes, erase, then see if they come back on

And it did come back, but after I had the roof down the code light went off, so if I go back in it is going to show as a stored code not an active one.

not knowing if having the roof down stops the deployment of the seat side airbags, I am going to leave it to someone who has access to Fords diagnostic trees to figure out if it is a glitch or a problem.
Seems like the high fangled $3k tool didnā€™t resolve

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try charging the battery. Acknowledged it aint gonna clear a code, although, but anyhow, strange electrical oddities have occurred and there have been reported issues related to batteries. Iā€™d take the opportunity to make sure itā€™s topped off and the ole battery management system has done a proper learn.

OP
OP
Neggytive

Neggytive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems like the high fangled $3k tool didnā€™t resolve
all a scan tool does is give you data

It is up to the tech to read all the codes, figure out which one caused the rest of them.

Sometimes one issue will give you a cascade effect of other codes

A good technician figures it out, a bad tech reads codes and throws parts at it.

Since Snap On has not gotten all the software for this car released yet, all I can do is read codes.

I can't go into modules, look at PIDS, command modules, etc.

It usually takes a good year or so before we non dealer techs get all the access we need via our software licenses.

Most new cars are under warranty so it would be rare for someone with a brand new car to be looking to dive into the cars computers. Look at the tuner guys who are still trying to jailbreak the computer.

I just happen to own 2 Snap On Solus scanners, one is running 23.2 software, and my newer one is rev 24.2 and the 24.2 does not have a lot of access for the Mustang, but it does have everything for my other cars including my 2022 Highlander where I could go in and activate a bunch of features that were not turned on at the factory.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
all a scan tool does is give you data

It is up to the tech to read all the codes, figure out which one caused the rest of them.

Sometimes one issue will give you a cascade effect of other codes

A good technician figures it out, a bad tech reads codes and throws parts at it.

Since Snap On has not gotten all the software for this car released yet, all I can do is read codes.

I can't go into modules, look at PIDS, command modules, etc.

It usually takes a good year or so before we non dealer techs get all the access we need via our software licenses.

Most new cars are under warranty so it would be rare for someone with a brand new car to be looking to dive into the cars computers. Look at the tuner guys who are still trying to jailbreak the computer.

I just happen to own 2 Snap On Solus scanners, one is running 23.2 software, and my newer one is rev 24.2 and the 24.2 does not have a lot of access for the Mustang, but it does have everything for my other cars including my 2022 Highlander where I could go in and activate a bunch of features that were not turned on at the factory.
Is there a mode than can be activated in the car that will show codes or are they only ava via a scanner/reader?

OP
OP
Neggytive

Neggytive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
to the best of my knowledge, no Mustang had onboard OBDII displays, and certainly not the manufacturer specific codes.

The funny thing is the computer in the car will relay that info to Ford and put a notification on your MyPass app.

OnStar did it, and now with telematics it is not unusual for a manufacturer to get constant information from the computers in the car.

I saw some window stickers for Mustangs when I was looking for my car that had MODEM DELETE on the window sticker, and I know in the settings menu you can turn the modem off.

Now the question is that the WiFi modem or the data (cellular) modem you can turn off?
Sponsored