• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Challenger or S650

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
The challenger is a more comfortable ride, no question, owned a 2021 scat pack wide body for 2 years. more torque, arguably more fun to drive, because it pushes to its edge alot slower than the mustang does. Now the 392 wide body is a completely different experience from a regular challenger or a hell cat. It was a great car and alot of fun. The mustang is more of a drivers car, it really needs a more talented driver to be able to push it than the challenger does. if you want a lazy car with a sweet sounding engine and is super comfy go with a challenger. If you want a drivers car that is alot faster and more aggresive then get the mustang. my .02
Fair assessment. My last V8 Challenger handled better than any Mustang I've owned. The steering was also lighter and more linear. Ride quality was better. More leg room. Just a much much better driver. The Challenger "feels" lighter, simply due to suspension, steering, and dynamics.

The Mustang is more "raw" and it's a little faster.

Just depends on what a guy wants.
Sponsored

Bigemike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Fair assessment. My last V8 Challenger handled better than any Mustang I've owned. The steering was also lighter and more linear. Ride quality was better. More leg room. Just a much much better driver. The Challenger "feels" lighter, simply due to suspension, steering, and dynamics.

The Mustang is more "raw" and it's a little faster.

Just depends on what a guy wants.
I have alot of suspension mods done to my mustang so it handles like a go cart, lol But agreed the challenger was so much easier and enjoyable to drive. It was a great car.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
The Challenger is a classic muscle car, big body and all, but the rear visibility, and that of the Camaro are problematic; visibility is a nice thing to have. I loved my 2010 R/T, but I love my '24 GT more; it's a sleeker look, a more solid handler in wind and rain, a sweet but not so muscle car interior with the screens, and the rear diff doesn't whine. I will say however, that the Chally did not have the rattles my Mustang has, so there's that.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
Okay. So let me get this right.

EcoBoost owner (maybe 100lb difference): OMG this handles so much better than a GT! So light!

Scat Pack Widebody owner (500lbs heavier) : OMG this handles so much better than a GT!

steyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP1 Rapid Red

EcoBoost owner (maybe 100lb difference): OMG this handles so much better than a GT! So light!

Scat Pack Widebody owner (500lbs heavier) : OMG this handles so much better than a GT!
I've owned a Challenger and Charger Scat Pack, and now a S650 GT with PP1. Anyone saying a Challenger handles better than a 2018+ S550 GT is full of it. The Challenger definitely handles better than anyone gives it credit for, but the Charger handled even better and both are a big step down from a Mustang GT with PP1.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium

Yep, you basically got it. Except, mine wasn't a widebody. I had a standard body Hemi car. And it handled, rode, and steered lightyears ahead of the Mustang. It also had a usable trunk, usable back seat, and my knees didn't hit the steering wheel. Great car. I bet the widebody is like being on rails.

Sadly they are very expensive on the used market and I refuse to pay the ridiculous new prices on these 2 door cars today. So I've gone back to Mustangs.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
For me, I like Mustang because I previously had Cobra 2003 and had a ball with it and which is the reason I had drooled over the Dark Horse and bought it! Regarding your question, really I like all hotrods in Plymouths, Fords, Chevys and Dodges! I like em all hotrods! Ideally your choices is all yours! Have fun making decisions!! Make your decisions carefully!! Lol!

FarNorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
These Chrysler offerings may become collectible in the near future as Stellantis is enroute to kill them all off. They no longer want to purchase carbon credits so they say, which will mean the end of any of their performance vehicles. This may also mean a worthwhile investment?
Sponsored