• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I took the Dark Horse to autocross this weekend

GhastlyTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse, 2023 Mach-E GT, and 2017 S1000RR
I've never autocrossed before. My high performance driving experiences have always been via a Mustang at the drag strip or a sport bike on a road course. My goal with the Dark Horse is to start working towards track days so I started small this weekend and signed up for an SCCA autocross event.

What a blast it was! I went in thinking I was a decent driver and would be able to put down a good novice time... nope! I was humbled and have much to learn. The car has so much more cornering grip than I was comfortable using and I was consistently exceeding 1.10 lateral Gs according to the car's own monitoring.

I'm looking forward to the next event. So if you're like me and haven't autocrossed, you should definitely consider it! Best 50$ I've spent on entertainment in a long time.
Sponsored

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
I've never autocrossed before. My high performance driving experiences have always been via a Mustang at the drag strip or a sport bike on a road course. My goal with the Dark Horse is to start working towards track days so I started small this weekend and signed up for an SCCA autocross event.

What a blast it was! I went in thinking I was a decent driver and would be able to put down a good novice time... nope! I was humbled and have much to learn. The car has so much more cornering grip than I was comfortable using and I was consistently exceeding 1.10 lateral Gs according to the car's own monitoring.

I'm looking forward to the next event. So if you're like me and haven't autocrossed, you should definitely consider it! Best 50$ I've spent on entertainment in a long time.
This was similar to my first experience. So much more technical than I was expecting but it is loads of fun! I already know the DH grip is more than I can handle. I need to change my username!

Any issues at all with the car?

OP
OP
GhastlyTT

GhastlyTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This was similar to my first experience. So much more technical than I was expecting but it is loads of fun! I already know the DH grip is more than I can handle. I need to change my username!

Any issues at all with the car?
Not a bit of trouble at all!

OP
OP
GhastlyTT

GhastlyTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had another day of autocross yesterday. I'm getting better at it but definitely far from the car's limits. Here's a vid of my best run: Middle of the pack and 5 seconds slower than the leader but still puts a smile on my face! šŸ˜„

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Had another day of autocross yesterday. I'm getting better at it but definitely far from the car's limits. Here's a vid of my best run: Middle of the pack and 5 seconds slower than the leader but still puts a smile on my face! šŸ˜„

That thing sounds ANGRY my friend!!! What have you done to it to get such a menacing growl??? Good vid and Great driving on the course!

OP
OP
GhastlyTT

GhastlyTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That thing sounds ANGRY my friend!!! What have you done to it to get such a menacing growl??? Good vid and Great driving on the course!
Thanks bud! Steeda H-pipe and Whipple are the only mods I've done that would affect the sound. I am quite the fan of her exhaust note, too!

OP
OP
GhastlyTT

GhastlyTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sticky tire problems
S650 Mustang I took the Dark Horse to autocross this weekend 1000004828

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
I've got 3 friends who're members of a Car Club that sponsors/has Track Days at either /Gratten or Gingerman (MI). They all have either dedicated lightly kitted out track cars, or at least swap out brake pads and wheels/tires for events.

Their tires all look just like yours! :crackup::thumbsup:

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Sticky tire problems
1000004828.jpg
Trofeo tires, yup, real sticky and thatā€™s why switched to Michelin tires! Trofeo is good for tracking or racing! Now you know how it makes all that noise spitting rocks underside of the car and wheel wells!
Sponsored