• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Hopefully you have good insurance....NEW VEHICLE REPLACEMENT???

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

Neggytive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Prem. convert. 401A 10 speed auto
That's not a total loss. Not even close.
I beg to disagree

if the salvage value is high enough it is certainly a total

60K ACV car, 25K in damage, salvage value less than 35K, it gets fixed

60K car, 25K in damage, salvage value of 35K or above, the car gets totaled

If it does get fixed, go after the other guys insurance for diminished value, which on that car should be about $10,000 IMHO

Because when you go to sell it, it is going to come back with a major accident frame damage car fax and you are going to have to eat 10K to get rid of it

Trust me, as a licensed damage appraiser in something like 6 states and 45 years in the business, and my specialty when I owned a body shop was structure and frame, that right frame rail, floor, wheel house, exhaust, bumper assy, all the sensors, rear body panel, etc etc etc are damaged and I have not even seen pictures of the trunk open or the car on a lift. and I'd want to see a picture of the drivers door closed and checking the way it opens and closes because the rear body might be swayed.

You want it gone trust me

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I beg to disagree

if the salvage value is high enough it is certainly a total

60K ACV car, 25K in damage, salvage value less than 35K, it gets fixed

60K car, 25K in damage, salvage value of 35K or above, the car gets totaled

If it does get fixed, go after the other guys insurance for diminished value, which on that car should be about $10,000 IMHO

Because when you go to sell it, it is going to come back with a major accident frame damage car fax and you are going to have to eat 10K to get rid of it

Trust me, as a licensed damage appraiser in something like 6 states and 45 years in the business, and my specialty when I owned a body shop was structure and frame, that right frame rail, floor, wheel house, exhaust, bumper assy, all the sensors, rear body panel, etc etc etc are damaged and I have not even seen pictures of the trunk open or the car on a lift. and I'd want to see a picture of the drivers door closed and checking the way it opens and closes because the rear body might be swayed.

You want it gone trust me
Let's see what happens. I'll bet a beer.

My best friend runs a body shop. I've seen a lot over the past 20+ years there.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Damn, glad you are alright... I would fight for new car replacement, depreciation is bad enough on these add in a car fax hit, no way. Hope you get it worked out in your favor

BTW, how is your neck feeling?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
dang, sorry that's happened, but at least you're alright! the collision center is probably right about the frame damage, hidden damages are a nightmare. i had a 2024 Ranger come off a transporter with a cracked grill and misaligned bumper. body shop now has $6k in parts alone billed out on the RO for it

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
That’ll buff right out.

OP
OP

Devon918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Probably should add some context.
I was stopped at a red light trying to turn right. While yielding to traffic, I was waiting for an opening to turn. So was the truck behind me. He stepped on his gas without checking to see if I was still in front of him or not. Smacked into me.
No one was hurt.
I have full coverage, but the other driver is at fault.

I will say there was no glass was broken, no air bags deployed, no lights on the dash. And driving it home, I heard no creaks or pops, and alignment seems to be okay at city/highway speeds.

Last edited:

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Hopefully you have good insurance....NEW VEHICLE REPLACEMENT???
Even if the insurance did pay out, I'm sure it will be nowhere near OP's purchase price. 🙁

The damage does not look that bad in the pics but who knows what will happen if there actually is frame damage. That is up to the insurance company.
Sponsored