• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
No way that gets totaled out.

I've also never heard of getting diminished value out of an insurance company. If that's correct, I've learned something new today.

Glad you're OK, sucks it happened.
Sponsored

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 4x4 Limited. 2024 GT Mustang Premium
I’ve had this GT less than 3 weeks. Collision center says there may be frame damage.

IMG_6505.jpeg
IMG_6507.jpeg
You are very Luck your Neck is alright?
I would be on Suicide Watch if our 2024 GT Mustang was Smacked like yours?
We had a 2004 Red Honda Accord.
We owned it for 18 days before we got rear ended by a F250
I was at a stop 🛑 light. As I was looking 👀 in my rear view mirror the F250 was getting bigger and bigger.
I stepped on it but it wasn’t a GT and couldn’t get going fast enough.
The gentleman in the F250 passed out from Kidney dialysis.
My neck was sore.
The Police Officer said go to the Hospital and get checked out.
My wife ended up in a Neck Brace for about Three Weeks.
I just toughened it out.
If I was you please get your Neck looked at.
You only get one Neck.
I hope you’re doing OK.
Your GT will probably get Replaced with a new 2025 Gt..

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
So sorry this happened to you.

hopefully the frame isn’t damaged or is fully repairable.

interestingly… the Mustang held up better to that hit better than I thought it would.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
It appears Texas does allow diminished value claims if the other party is at fault. That’s where it differs from Georgia. In Georgia you can collect it from your own insurance company even if the accident was your fault.

S650 Mustang Rear ended. Frame damage possible IMG_4564

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Damn that sucks. I would feel gutted. Hope it gets sorted out quickly but I'm sure it hurts.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Let's see what happens. I'll bet a beer.

My best friend runs a body shop. I've seen a lot over the past 20+ years there.
Off the point, do you like dark stout beer?

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It can be fixed.

I got rear-ended twice on my old car. First time it was fixed, but I spent many months dealing with water leaks/squaks/rattles. They claimed they fixed the leak, and then it'd happen again after a rain storm. If you want to go insane, this would do it....

Eventually I diagnosed the water leak in my trunk and fixed it with silicone. For some reason several shops could not simply take a water hose and wait and see where the water was dripping from.

The car lasted my for 12 more years until the second rear-end accident, which "totalled" the car.

On a new car, this type of damage slices the resale value by half immediately. (not sure of exact numbers, but you get the point). More often than not, this type of damage can be fixed so nobody would know the difference cosmetically... but when the frame gets any type of an impact like that, the seams may need to be re-closed properly. Things will need to be re-aligned properly... or else you'll spend all of your time coming back to visit your repair shop over and over again....

So in summary, since it's a new car, try to get some kind of a total loss + medical payment to cover the cost of a brand-new car. I feel your pain. Good luck!

Neggytive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Prem. convert. 401A 10 speed auto
Let's see what happens. I'll bet a beer.

My best friend runs a body shop. I've seen a lot over the past 20+ years there.
and my dad is a TV repairman and has a really good set of tools.

I have been in the business a long time, and I am a licensed Appraiser who does this stuff on a regular basis, including cars with values well in excess of a million dollars.

No shop wants that job either, they will try to get it totaled.

It ties up space and a tech for a couple of weeks, and shops make money on small accidents with quick turn times that they can beat the flat rate time with, a car like that waiting for parts, removing a good part of the interior, etc etc etc is a no won for the shop or the tech

Look at the right side and see how it had dropped lower than the trunk lid, that is a sure sign the right rail has collapsed and been forced down

Can it be fixed? Sure almost any car can be fixed given enough time and money

is it an economical repair?

Again I am betting the salvage value is high and that will get it totaled

It is not about damage, it is about dollars

This car is an easy fix, and some insurance company totaled it, salvage bid is over 10 grand

https://www.copart.com/lot/54772764/salvage-2024-ford-mustang-gt-md-baltimore-east

Neggytive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Prem. convert. 401A 10 speed auto
Even if the insurance did pay out, I'm sure it will be nowhere near OP's purchase price. 🙁

The damage does not look that bad in the pics but who knows what will happen if there actually is frame damage. That is up to the insurance company.
Your policy is written to pay Actual Cash Value, and if you don't agree with the number there are many companies out there that you can hire to force the Insurance companies appraisers out and make them hire independent appraisers who will reach a binding decision with the one you hire.

I do quite a bit of this type of work and I ALWAYS get my clients more money

In states like MA, there is a law that says how an insurance company has to calculate actual cash value of a total loss vehicle ( 211 CMR 133.05) and it precludes the use of a CCC valuation report which is the Insurance industry go to service for valuation and it is ALWAYS at least $3000 low. My average recovery is about $3000 on a 5 year old vehicle and I had one earlier this year where I got my client $7K more than the CCC valuation

NEVER accept the first offer!

Never trust anyone who owes you money to tell you how much they owe you

http://collisionsafetyconsultants.com/

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Your policy is written to pay Actual Cash Value, and if you don't agree with the number there are many companies out there that you can hire to force the Insurance companies appraisers out and make them hire independent appraisers who will reach a binding decision with the one you hire.

I do quite a bit of this type of work and I ALWAYS get my clients more money

In states like MA, there is a law that says how an insurance company has to calculate actual cash value of a total loss vehicle ( 211 CMR 133.05) and it precludes the use of a CCC valuation report which is the Insurance industry go to service for valuation and it is ALWAYS at least $3000 low. My average recovery is about $3000 on a 5 year old vehicle and I had one earlier this year where I got my client $7K more than the CCC valuation

NEVER accept the first offer!

Never trust anyone who owes you money to tell you how much they owe you

http://collisionsafetyconsultants.com/
Great info!
How much does it typically cost to hire a company to try to get more money from the insurance provider?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

Devon918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Collision center stated there is no damage to the frame and that the structural integrity of the car hasn't been compromised.
Insurance isn't going to total the car.
Should have the car back in 3-4 weeks.
I understand what Neggytive is saying, but I am just updating y'all on what they are telling me.
If anything changes I will update.

qwk93ta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT PP1 mag ride recaros; 23 Demon 170
I learned my lesson after my 2012 GT was totaled. I do true agreed value on my sports cars now.
S650 Mustang Rear ended. Frame damage possible 2016-09-30 153957-2722235

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Collision center stated there is no damage to the frame and that the structural integrity of the car hasn't been compromised.
Insurance isn't going to total the car.
Should have the car back in 3-4 weeks.
I understand what Neggytive is saying, but I am just updating y'all on what they are telling me.
If anything changes I will update.
And I reitereate what I said back in post #5: That's not a total loss. Not even close.

I may not be a fancy-schmancy million-dollar licensed Appraiser, nor am I like Jeff Spicoli whose father was TV repairman with the ultimate set of tools , but I've been around this stuff for a very long time, and it was as plain as day that this would not be totaled.

Notice nobody took me up on my bet, either. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored