• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
Dang! That sure sucks! Best wishes on getting it right "quick, fast, and in a hurry" and most importantly to YOUR satisfaction! GLAD you're OK!

There wasn't a "cell phone" involved in that (not that it's any of my business) was there? I had a guy in a Buick SUV *** end me in August of '20 while I was sitting at a stop sign in my Focus ST, waiting for cross traffic to clear. Brake lights and turn signal on, clear sunny day............**** head just HAD to take care of that important "text" while coming up behind me. :explode:

Got repaired OK, and in MI the injured party's insurance company can go after the "at fault' party's insurance to recover the IP's deductable. Still cost me a $1000 in trade in value though.
Sponsored

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Probably should add some context.
I was stopped at a red light trying to turn right. While yielding to traffic, I was waiting for an opening to turn. So was the truck behind me. He stepped on his gas without checking to see if I was still in front of him or not. Smacked into me.
No one was hurt.
I have full coverage, but the other driver is at fault.

I will say there was no glass was broken, no air bags deployed, no lights on the dash. And driving it home, I heard no creaks or pops, and alignment seems to be okay at city/highway speeds.
That scenario bothers me as well. Too many people are eager to turn right on red.

OP
OP

Devon918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I just received the estimate. 12k in repairs.
As far as I can tell, there was no phone involved, I think he just kept looking to his left without looking right before releasing the brake.

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
Rear enders are the worst... been rear ended so many times I can hardly count (3 times in just one car). Worst thing is, there is nothing you can do but sit there, no way to avoid anything, often traffic or another car in front of you, so even if you see it coming, you're screwed.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
I'm not sure what the laws are in Texas, but in Georgia they are very favorable for recovering diminished value. I would look into the laws in Texas to see if you can force the insurance company to pay diminished value if your car is not totaled. My experience is the insurance company will not offer any compensation beyond repair of the vehicle unless specifically requested. Even when you do seek diminished value they will usually give you some ridiculously low offer. There are services out there which will give you a report with an evaluation of what the value of your car is before and after the damage. In my case, after providing them the report, I received nearly 5 times more in diminished value than what they initially offered. It's a hassle and takes some time, but if the laws are favorable, you are absolutely entitled to it.

Oh, and be careful about cashing any check the insurance sends you until you have fully settled. The insurance sent me a check for the initial diminished value offer, and it said on the check by signing the check I accepted the payment as the full settlement. I ended up holding the check for several weeks while we negotiated.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Hopefully you can get enough to put in all the steeda parts you desire.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Let's see what happens. I'll bet a beer.

My best friend runs a body shop. I've seen a lot over the past 20+ years there.
They’ll “fix” anything. Whether or not the insco pays for it or whether or not you want it afterwards is another matter entirely.

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Sucks my friend and I’m sorry that this has happened to you. I’m sure the drivers in most cities are just as careless as they are here but every time I come to a stop, I’m checking my rear view mirror and checking my side lanes for a way out should that “OH SO IMPORTANT” text or social media post be so damn important that they forget that they‘re driving a 3,000+ lb object. I hope that you get more than you deserve for that negligence. And with this being a 2024 model, good luck with the Bodyshop trying to find “replacement” parts.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I think they are referring to the crash and impact structures and how they tie into the unibody.
There are still frame rails. My 2019 got hit and they had to order a whole new rail just to get a single bracket because it wasn’t available as a stand alone part.

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
So sorry to see this, but most importantly it seems you are OK. The car can be fixed or replaced. Hopefully given how new it is it’s replaced, but you may to fight tooth and nail. Keep us posted.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some of you have clearly never owned newer vehicles that were involved in accidents ... or never been involved in accidents or claims.

The insurance companies are NOT going to total a $60K car with $12K worth of repairs. It doesn't work that way.

JHC ... :facepalm:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)