• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Can't speak for Philadelphia Indemnity, but I know that Haggerty policies include restrictions such as limiting the number of miles per year. Point being, if they knew you were daily driving it, they would not insure it.
Hasn't been my experience. I've been with Hagerty for several years. They have never once asked for an odometer statement. And when I got t-boned in February to the tune of $9,100 they cut me a check same day and never once asked for an odometer statement.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
No fixed mileage restrictions, apparently. But if they knew you were daily driving it, you might be in a pinch. I do know plenty of people who are not up front with them when it comes to how they actually drive their vehicles.

Hagerty Pros & Cons: Top Experts Review | Trusted Choice

Hagerty pros: Hagerty provides specialized and customizable insurance for classic and collectible vehicles. The company has an extensive knowledge of classic cars. Its policies allow for occasional pleasure use with no fixed mileage restrictions. Guaranteed replacement coverage ensures you’ll get the full insured value of your car if it’s totaled. In-house parts experts and extensive list of resources for hard-to-find parts ensure your classic car gets fixed properly. Customer service portal and online valuation tool create a user-friendly experience. Customer satisfaction appears high.

Hagerty cons: Hagerty’s policies do not cover everyday driving. While rates can be lower than average, there are not many discounts available. Hagerty is not BBB accredited nor is it rated by AM Best.

Right from Hagerty's web site:

What types of vehicles do you protect?

We protect all kinds of classic cars, boats, trucks, motorcycles, and more modern collectible vehicles. We also protect race cars, tractors, military vehicles, and retired commercial vehicles. Basically, if it isn't a vehicle you drive for your everyday transport, Hagerty can protect it.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Being retired I have both my stangs with Hagerty. I don't use them as daily drivers. Insurance was less than half of what they were insured for with my regular insurance that has multiple discounts. They are insured for a predetermined value well above any book value. If you daily drive I don't think it would be worth the chance of being refused on payout if you got in an accident.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Most insurers don't offer agreed value policies on your average everyday automobile.

Antiques, collectibles, classic, or higher value vehicles, yes, but not your everyday driver. Even with those, you have to go through specialty insurers.

Through which insurer did you get an agreed value policy for a late model Mustang?
I have mine insured through Grundy with an agreed on value. That said, I cannot use it as a daily driver, on the track, or for running errands. Their policy is strictly for pleasure/hobby/car show use. It works for me. Not for everyone.

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have mine insured through Grundy with an agreed on value. That said, I cannot use it as a daily driver, on the track, or for running errands. Their policy is strictly for pleasure/hobby/cat show use. It works for me. Not for everyone.
Yup. Technically, that's no different than Hagerty.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Being retired I have both my stangs with Hagerty. I don't use them as daily drivers. Insurance was less than half of what they were insured for with my regular insurance that has multiple discounts. They are insured for a predetermined value well above any book value. If you daily drive I don't think it would be worth the chance of being refused on payout if you got in an accident.
Same story here with Grundy. Less than half of what I would pay with my regular insurance, BUT I do have a teenager on my policy so there's that added expense. Like you I don't daily my toys. Only 1100 miles in 8 months of ownership on the S650.

Neggytive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Prem. convert. 401A 10 speed auto
Insurance is legalized gambling, sometimes required bylaw. But that’s just me.

Insurance is by definition, transferring any potential liability to another entity.

Yes you are comparing your potential risk money wise to what the premium is.

If the premiums are too high, and you think there is a low risk of exposure, you self insure by not buying a policy knowing that if you have a loss, you will be paying for the repairs out of pocket.

I had one motorcycle that I paid cash for that the premium for accident coverage was going to be about what the bike cost me brand new. On that one I took the basic liability part of the policy and declined any additional comprehensive or collision loss coverage. I gambled $6800 dollars (in 2003) against the additional premium of about $6200. I had that bike 14 years, never made a claim on that or any other policy.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Insurance is by definition, transferring any potential liability to another entity.

Yes you are comparing your potential risk money wise to what the premium is.

If the premiums are too high, and you think there is a low risk of exposure, you self insure by not buying a policy knowing that if you have a loss, you will be paying for the repairs out of pocket.

I had one motorcycle that I paid cash for that the premium for accident coverage was going to be about what the bike cost me brand new. On that one I took the basic liability part of the policy and declined any additional comprehensive or collision loss coverage. I gambled $6800 dollars (in 2003) against the additional premium of about $6200. I had that bike 14 years, never made a claim on that or any other policy.
I always kept full coverage on all of my motorcycles - that was required for unlimited PIP. Glad I did -- they've paid out several million dollars since my unfortunate event (aggravated vehicular assault and hit/skip) in 2012.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I always kept full coverage on all of my motorcycles - that was required for unlimited PIP. Glad I did -- they've paid out several million dollars since my unfortunate event (aggravated vehicular assault and hit/skip) in 2012.
Holy crap, dude! Are you okay now? Sounds like a horrible incident.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holy crap, dude! Are you okay now? Sounds like a horrible incident.
I am, mostly. My left leg now consists of titanium, aluminum, steel, plastic, electronics, hydraulics, and sensors (gyroscopes and accelerometers), but otherwise, I'm still in one piece ... :)

Neggytive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Prem. convert. 401A 10 speed auto
Well it seems I owe Roadpilot a couple of beers.

If you want to send me a mailing address or Paypal I'll send you $20 to buy you the beer of your choice.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it seems I owe Roadpilot a couple of beers.

If you want to send me a mailing address or Paypal I'll send you $20 to buy you the beer of your choice.
Not necessary. We'll be down in FL in a couple weeks. You can just drop by the Big Deck Bar & Grill in Cedar Key ... 😆
Sponsored