• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Start/Stop failure

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
OP
OP
Gr8ful

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
I had no idea that this system causes so much passion. I drove 75 miles yesterday for the recall to be sighed off by the dealer. I had checked it and the line was secured but of course they would not take my word for it.
Anyway, still no Stop/start operation. I guess its Tango Uniform. Good.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I have a GT that was built in 3/24. I have the start/stop system and no $1000 gas guzzler tax. I'm currently at 960 miles and it has not shut down once. I checked all the conditions for to operate and still no shutdown. I'm not complaining and don't want the dealer messing with it.
I am curious if anyone else has issues with the system not working.
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!
Everyone HATES the AS/S system.

His is not working and he likes it not working!

Why would he want you to change that? :cwl:

FarNorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
I noticed a difference between our two vehicles both with Start/Stop. The Mustang will stop at an intersection and then start again in a few seconds for no apparent reason. On our Toyota Cross it may do the same but the dash pops up a message telling me why it started, usually it’s because of heating or cooling is active. Meaning if the cabin needs heat or the A/C is on it starts the engine. If Ford showed the same info then we would know what’s going on which would negate these questions.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noticed a difference between our two vehicles both with Start/Stop. The Mustang will stop at an intersection and then start again in a few seconds for no apparent reason. On our Toyota Cross it may do the same but the dash pops up a message telling me why it started, usually it’s because of heating or cooling is active. Meaning if the cabin needs heat or the A/C is on it starts the engine. If Ford showed the same info then we would know what’s going on which would negate these questions.
It's documented - I've read it somewhere. If you let up on the pedal just a smidge, the Mustang will restart. If you move the steering wheel at all, it will start back up. There are a few others, but I don't recall exactly what they are.

My DH doesn't have AS/S, and I turn it off whenever I drive my '21 F150.

OP
OP
Gr8ful

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great imputs. Thanks.
I did have the hydraulic line recall checked yesterday. All good. I tried to send a picture but they needed to look see. Still shows as an open recall because of the cyber attack they can't enter it in the system.

OP
OP
Gr8ful

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Road pilot.
As a Air pilot I like all systems operational. I can shutdown the S/S with the button.
BUT it's inoperative and as you said I'm not going to let them mess with it.
Thanks

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Road pilot.
As a Air pilot I like all systems operational. I can shutdown the S/S with the button.
Thanks
It never bothers me to just press the damn button (to turn it off) in my F150 whenever I drive it. I never could figure out why having to do that bothers so many.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Road pilot.
Thanks
almost curious if a code is set.

LaMakina2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium
I have a GT that was built in 3/24. I have the start/stop system and no $1000 gas guzzler tax. I'm currently at 960 miles and it has not shut down once. I checked all the conditions for to operate and still no shutdown. I'm not complaining and don't want the dealer messing with it.
I am curious if anyone else has issues with the system not working.
My 24 is in the shop as we speak for the same reason. It will not activate for several reason however my issue is that It’s showing low voltage. It will not activate if the battery is lower than 50%. Mine is showing that it is at 50% or lower however the battery is showing 95% they don’t know why the computer is showing that. So they have it in the shop looking at it right now. As soon as I get the info I will share what they found.

OP
OP
Gr8ful

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the post. Please let us know the outcome.
No indications on the dash, right?
I'm not going to take mine in as of now.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the post. Please let us know the outcome.
No indications on the dash, right?
I'm not going to take mine in as of now.
FULLY charge the battery then do a BMS reset. That resets the SoC based on the current state of the battery/system. But of the battery is defective, it will need replacing.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
My 24 is in the shop as we speak for the same reason. It will not activate for several reason however my issue is that It’s showing low voltage. It will not activate if the battery is lower than 50%. Mine is showing that it is at 50% or lower however the battery is showing 95% they don’t know why the computer is showing that. So they have it in the shop looking at it right now. As soon as I get the info I will share what they found.
Hi there. This battery concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mustang. Should you need further assistance, please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer and I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".
Sponsored