• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Android Auto shutting down randomly……

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4; 1990 Mustang 5.0 coupe
I don’t use AA but I do use CarPlay. I have had very similar issues.

One of my main issues has been everything starts to freeze and stutter that can lead to turning the audio off by itself. I have noticed it happens every time I drive past a specific fire station. If I have to completely stop in traffic, audio off. Seems to be some kind of frequency causing issues.
Nobody is safe from the issues. Ford is aware and there is no fix yet. As per usual, the fix is coming: Soon™.
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
myvaporblue5.0pony

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium/Vapor Blue/PP/401A
Thanks everyone. When I have it connected by USB & it disconnects, I am able to connect back to Pandora. Before, through Bluetooth, it would not connect back to Pandora when I turned it back on.
And thanks @rugedraw for the info. The update can't come soon enough! I love my car but the infotainment system has me frustrated!

mks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse (Grabber Blue)
Just adding to this list (along with overheating issue). Pixel 7 Pro will both randomly/intermittently lose connection when I'm using Google Maps to navigate. Lost connection "almost always" corresponds with the phone getting 1) hot and/or 2) losing cellular connectivity (not saying that's a cause). It also will often not connect at all if I'm, say, running errands--by the 3rd or 4rth stop, I'll get the "failure to connect" error message. It's a PITA when naving through unknown parts because I have to stop, restart the car (have not tried APIM reset), and/or restart my phone.

I can't determine if it's strictly an AA-centric issue, a Ford Sync or hardware issue, or a combination of both. I can say I never experienced these problems in my WRX, M2, or Supra (all previously owned...among others).

00Smurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Vapor Blue 6 Spd
Just adding to this list (along with overheating issue). Pixel 7 Pro will both randomly/intermittently lose connection when I'm using Google Maps to navigate. Lost connection "almost always" corresponds with the phone getting 1) hot and/or 2) losing cellular connectivity (not saying that's a cause). It also will often not connect at all if I'm, say, running errands--by the 3rd or 4rth stop, I'll get the "failure to connect" error message. It's a PITA when naving through unknown parts because I have to stop, restart the car (have not tried APIM reset), and/or restart my phone.

I can't determine if it's strictly an AA-centric issue, a Ford Sync or hardware issue, or a combination of both. I can say I never experienced these problems in my WRX, M2, or Supra (all previously owned...among others).
I can tell you I have near zero problems with AA and my wifes '21 pacifica limited. Compared to the ford system it turns on connects and works quickly.

I lose audio almost everyday with pandora on wireless AA, and it happens frequently after a google maps prompt.

Who ever thought everything needed to be a touchscreen needs to be fired. I spend way more time distracted pressing buttons refreshing screens, restarting and troubleshooting than just pressing a damn button on the console.

Its a sports car, lets us get-in and flip switches like we are powering on a jet lol.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Who ever thought everything needed to be a touchscreen needs to be fired. I spend way more time distracted pressing buttons refreshing screens, restarting and troubleshooting than just pressing a damn button on the console.
I use voice commands for the vast majority of what I do while driving. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
myvaporblue5.0pony

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use voice commands for the vast majority of what I do while driving. 🤷‍♂️
Us older generation are used to pushing buttons, not speaking to a computer. We forget this option is available. lol. Things should just work like they are supposed to!

00Smurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Us older generation are used to pushing buttons, not speaking to a computer. We forget this option is available. lol. Things should just work like they are supposed to!
This 100%, i know the voice command is there but it is still slower than pushing a button. I'm 40 very into tech, and i think all the touch screen shit is nonsense for a car. Or at least have backup buttons for everything.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How old would you consider someone needs to be to be included in this "older generation" who needs to press buttons because he can't press a single button (on the steering wheel) and say "Set temperature to 70 degrees" or "I need directions to the closest Home Depot"?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This 100%, i know the voice command is there but it is still slower than pushing a button. I'm 40 very into tech, and i think all the touch screen shit is nonsense for a car. Or at least have backup buttons for everything.
I press ONE button on the steering wheel, then say something like, "Set temperature to 70 degrees" or "listen to (insert channel name) on Sirius". We're not talking long division, really, and I'm far, far older than 40.

• Haha
Reactions: mks

00Smurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I press ONE button on the steering wheel, then say something like, "Set temperature to 70 degrees" or "listen to (insert channel name) on Sirius". We're not talking long division, really, and I'm far, far older than 40.
I like my buttons lol, My entire house is voice controlled. I just prefer physical buttons in my cars as backups for the touchscreen and voice.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like my buttons lol, My entire house is voice controlled. I just prefer physical buttons in my cars as backups for the touchscreen and voice.
I can appreciate that.

I'm old school, too, but can appreciate both. I like the idea of being able to add virtual things (buttons or otherwise) with nothing more than a firmware update. Can't do that with hard buttons.

But as they say, "You can please some of the people all the time, all of the people some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time."

OP
OP
myvaporblue5.0pony

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How old would you consider someone needs to be to be included in this "older generation" who needs to press buttons because he can't press a single button (on the steering wheel) and say "Set temperature to 70 degrees" or "I need directions to the closest Home Depot"?
I’m in my mid 50’s and cars I grew up driving had buttons to operate said radio or a/c, so naturally I would prefer buttons before I would think of using my voice. Not saying I don’t like using my voice, I just naturally go to use a button beforehand. It just takes getting in the habit.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m in my mid 50’s and cars I grew up driving had buttons to operate said radio or a/c, so naturally I would prefer buttons before I would think of using my voice. Not saying I don’t like using my voice, I just naturally go to use a button beforehand. It just takes getting in the habit.
Well, I'm likely a year or two older than you ... :rockon:

Physical buttons have their place, but I have no issues using voice or touchscreens in 2024. Then again, I've been in IT for nearly my entire adult working career, so I'm not a luddite, either.
Sponsored